This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-14 3 point adapter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-14 3 point adapter
    Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:34am

Hi guys. Bought a real A-C 3pt adapter a while ago but it didn't come with the 'anti-sway' chains.I looked at a picture on one but it doesn't seem adjustable, is this correct? Could someone please measure the length of theirs and report back? I've made the 'tube' that goes on where the drawbar mount goes.

Thanks
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 8:27am
I don't believe the Factory adaptor used chains for a stabilizer.
I think the light chains were there to simply keep the arms from dropping to the ground when no equipment was attached.
The stabilizer used for PTO operated equipment looked like this.
No stabilizer was used when using plows, Harrows, etc.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 6:52am
Hay Brian ,many thanks for the diagram ! Guess I should have said I'll be running a 5' rototiller in my question..so... can anyone who runs this setup tell me what I have to have to NOT break 'stuff'?
Thanks

JohnBNY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:51am
Brian, I also thank you for posting the diagram. I have also been looking for this PTO stabilizer.
Does anyone know where I could also get one. Thanks
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:27am
Hay John, If I need one for rototillering,I'll be making one up..doesn't look that hard once I get some dimensions....might not be 'factory made' but close....

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:01am
jayb,
I got the copy of the diagram from a guy on this site a few years ago with the intentions of building one myself. Just haven't gotten a round "tuit" yet.  LOL
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:19pm
I could sure use one of those outfits myself. Maybe there's a market for someone to build a bunch of em. Darrel
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:24pm
I have a few started to complete my AC conversions. What would they be worth to someone? If enuff interest I could make several. Let me know. Tracy Martin
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:37pm
Tracy, I would like to say I'm interested, but I don't know exactly where to shoot in a price at. I would go out on a limb, I guess, and say around $150. I hope that's not an insult, and would be an under shot price if a person was building only 1, but if a person put together 10 or 15 of em, it may come out. I don't know, I'm just guesssing, and hope I'm close and haven't offended you, Darrel
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:46pm
Darrel, Not offended at all.It's real hard to build or reproduce a part to extreme likenesses of originals inexpensively. Most parts were made on mass quanities and tooling designed for such. I would think that is a close estimate if enough parts were wanted. HTH Tracy Martin
JohnBNY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:04am
Tracy, I would be interested in one. Keep us posted. Thanks
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 11:51am
I had another thought on this topic. Did they ever make a sway bar set up like that for the snap-coupler D 19 and 190's. I've been using AC 3pt adapter arms to run a snowblower on my 190 gas snap-coupler tractor, and so far I've just left the draw bar bail on to use as  a sway bar, but it really doesn't work all that well. Been thinking about adding some home made things on the side of the arms to make it work better, but something like in the pcture above would work better. Thanks, Darrel
EdIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:41pm
Tracy,    I'd like to have 2 sets.     Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic