This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-10 series 3 pilot bearing? pilot bushing ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-10 series 3 pilot bearing? pilot bushing ?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 11:35am
Bout ready to put son's engine back in.  According to everything I read , supposed to have a pilot bearing. This one has a bushing that slides onto the larger shaft. I've ordered a bearing, & a bushing and neither will work. The bearing is too  big to fit into the flywheel & the  bushing is too small, only fits on the live PTO shaft.  any help appreciated!   keith so. va.
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 11:44am
Some one said that series had live hyd and shaft was splined to flywheel
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 12:40pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tractorboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 4:10pm
Yes that small shaft is splined into the flywheel, there's still a bushing that fits into the flywheel & slides onto the larger shaft. That size bushing doesn't match up with anything in DJ"s or Steiner's or anything I can find on fleabay.  Guess I'll clean up the old one & reuse. keith so.va.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2024 at 4:15pm
i think that was the conclusion... that the bushing that IS AVAIALBE is for the Series 1... not yours..... seems odd that nobody sells the NEW one.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2024 at 6:45am

Part 'Description'

The Ser.I part is titled BUSHING Clutch Shaft

The Ser.II and III is titled BEARING ASSY. clutch

The Ser.II and III Clutch Disc Assy. is different P/N than Ser.I

G

Dug up some old pictures I took when I replaced the Ring Gear in my D-12 Ser.III

It appears there is a 'Bushing' in a rearward facing nose of the Flywheel.

It would seem this Bushing / Bearing would support the end of the hollow Tube that is splined in to the Clutch Disc and powers the Transmission.

Edited by Gary - 30 Jun 2024 at 8:14am
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 22 minutes ago at 10:24pm
236056 bushing is still available 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 7 minutes ago at 10:39pm
8 digit number would be 70236056 - bushing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic