This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D series Hydraulics.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegrgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D series Hydraulics.
    Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:11am
Does anyone have a diagram of the hydraulic valve block for the smaller D series tractors? I have an ED40 and need to replace some parts within the valve block, and I was wondering if there is any commonality between other Allis tractors, or if the particular set-up is unique to the ED40?
If it seems like a good idea, do it. It's easier to apologise than to get permission.
Sponsored Links

Jim Blue View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:56pm
There is a diagram in the IT manual for D Series if you have access to one.  I do not have a scanner to post an  image.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:03pm
I have a D-10. Even they had 3 or 4 different hydraulic systems through the run of D-10's.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
joegrgraham View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegrgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:19am
The tractor is fitted with three point linkage, and the valve diverts the oil to either the arms or the tipping pipe. At sometime, someone has over-tightened the bolt containing the detent and trapped the ball inside, then, when the detent didn't work, they lost their temper and hit the top of the valve with a hammer. This resulted in the valve catching on the protruding bolt which has taken a chunk out of the valve and distorted it!
So, I'd like to find out if the valve and detent are unique to the ED40, or whether they may be the same in some US built tractors.
If it seems like a good idea, do it. It's easier to apologise than to get permission.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic