This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D Series front weight bracket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Bronk(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D Series front weight bracket
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:28pm
Hi all! I am looking to put weights on the front of my D17. I looked at some pics and it looks like the weight bracket is held on by two 5/8 bolts on each side? On the left side I have two threaded holes in the right spot but on the right side I only have one, the front hole is in the sheet metal but not in the casting. It does not look like it was ever there, I scraped smooth with a screwdriver because I thought perhaps there was a broken bolt in the hole. Anyone ever see this before? Drill and tap? Thank you in advance, Jim 
Sponsored Links

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:46pm
For factory front weights on a 17, the bolt holes are in different locations on each side.  The brace is longer on the right side than the left.
Hopefully you can see it here ...

'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
D17 owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17 owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:06pm
That is a sharp 17 you have there
J.Bronk(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Bronk(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:16pm
Thank you very much for posting. I don't have the weight bracket yet but was looking it over in preparation, it makes much more sense now
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic