This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid
    Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 9:11pm
Still feeling the effects of that crap. Been over a month now. Thank goodness. Had two grandsons here to haul wood this weekend. They has the 4 wheeler out, hauling it in the lawn cart. I wasn't sure that JD lawn cart was gonna stay together.   Them hauling was ok but I think they set a couple of speed records getting from the wood shed back to the pasture. Typical teenagers.
Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 9:26pm
I am 56 and had covid over christmas last year.  I got 'covid arm' in both arms, which severely limits my movement/strength to this very moment.  Plus, I have the fatigue really bad to this very moment.  Asked my Dr if there was anything he could do-said uppers for the fatigue-told him no thanks, I can do that with caffeine! 
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:34am
Originally posted by omahagreg omahagreg wrote:

I am 56 and had covid over christmas last year.  I got 'covid arm' in both arms, which severely limits my movement/strength to this very moment.  Plus, I have the fatigue really bad to this very moment.  Asked my Dr if there was anything he could do-said uppers for the fatigue-told him no thanks, I can do that with caffeine! 

Greg what is Covid arm?
Everyone I’ve been around has had fatigue for a very long time.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:57am
My Dr agrees it’s a real thing!
Started as terrible nerve ‘buzzing’ at the shoulder-lasted six weeks. Immediate, and today, weakened/ loss of movement of the arm! I can’t easily tuck in a shirt or put on a belt! I can work as a carpenter-employer is understanding. I can drive screws all day as long as they are directly in front of me. If I have to reach at all I can’t.
I’ve had similar 2 other times-Mayo clinic describes it as my immune system gets charged up as normal, then it turns on my nerves and breaks the connection at the spine. Last times it took up to 18 months to regenerate!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 7:00am
Keep up the good fight Greg.  My sister still has her struggles too, with foggy brain, fatigue, shortness of breath.  Take care.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 4:18pm
I got the booster shot a couple weeks back and also the Flu shot .
My arm with the booster still bothers me as tightness just below shoulder but for 3 days after I felt like a fell off a ladder on my right side along with fatigue and chills .
 Nothing after first 2 shots - but that 3rd one sure knocked me down for a couple days . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:39pm
Did you get COVID after your first two shots? My accountant is concerned of serious side effects from booster as she had a "breakout" case after the first 2
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:08pm
If she had both shots, then got covid... she should have one heck of an immune system. Would not think she needs a booster at this time, unless this was all 8 months ago.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:26am
EU Health services and NIH state flatly had Covid no need for ANY shots, Naturally Immune to that Variant, be reasonably set for any further variants.  Booster has ZERO value accorded both of those as to current Variants.  CDC still lock-stepped behind the current Admin as to requirements for all regardless if had the virus, just stupid.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:47am
Thats incorrect...

If you had COVID they still recommend you get the shot...

The booster DOES work against the variant... 6 X better than not having the shot.

Too much BS spread on FaceBook and other sites that makeup information.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:55pm
That's what I am hering get the shot 90 days after you had Covid
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm
So far, wife and I have been able to avoid the creeping crud, by taking extra vitamins & minerals, quercetin, homemade HCQ, quinine, etc. And, of course avoiding those that have gotten the jab, wife will not allow them in our home.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm
The booster is just more of the same stuff too little too late.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:16pm
This is from a small study of the BOOSTER shot... No larger data available yet...

Do COVID-19 boosters offer better protection?

Per Reuters, the new study revealed vaccine responses in 33 participants before and after their vaccine booster shots.

• Before the boosters, the participants had a 10-fold decrease in antibodies after their second shot of the vaccine...( the original 2 shot vaccine tends to wear down after several months).
  • About 6-10 days after the booster shot, their antibody levels climbed 25-fold and were five times higher than after the first two doses of the vaccine, per Reuters.

This could mean the booster shot might offer better protection than the original round of shots.

• “Because these antibody levels are so robust, the booster could potentially give us protection for a longer duration than what we saw for two doses of the vaccine,” study coauthor Alexis Demonbreun of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, said in a statement, according to Kaiser Health News.

The study has been published on medRxiv. It has not been peer-reviewed.

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:57pm
i get my booster shot tomarrow
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:05am
Got mine the first of the month.  Good thing to get as I understand a variant is developing in Africa which is far more contagious than the delta variant going around now.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

The booster is just more of the same stuff too little too late.
I take it that you've got a medical degree and plaques on your shop wall ???ClapClap
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:14pm
No but I can read
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:21pm
The booster shots are the same "makeup" as the original... Moderna was the STRONGER shot than Pfizer .... your IMMUNITY lasts much longer with Moderna..... the BOOSTER for Pfizer is ONE of the original shot doses.... the BOOSTER for Moderna is 1/2 of one original shot.... they determined the dose needed by field testing on thousands of people and then measuring the level of antibodies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic