This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid Vaccine ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid Vaccine ?
    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:34pm
When it becomes readily available, will you guys/gals be first in line to get it ? Seems like this "might" fall into the category of the "first model" of a vehicle, lot's of bugs to be worked out ??
Sponsored Links

klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:44pm
560 Farmall and first 190 XT tractors come to mind!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:56pm
I don't have to worry about taking the vaccine, when covid see's me coming it runs the other way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if covid caught me it wouldn't be holding much. Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:20pm
I have been getting the flu shot so I probably will go ahead and do this routine too... Once I thought the flu shot did not treat me right but that was only one time, and it was not bad either.   So at this point I am saying yes.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:05pm
By the time health care professionals and long term care patients get it most of the bugs should have shown up so I may get it. But with all of this covid hype and misinformation I will still proceed with caution. I am still more distrustful of the government and the media than I am afraid of the virus. It is true that numbers don't lie but people lie and make up numbers. True it can be a deadly illness and I am sympathetic to those who have been very adversely affected by it but I have also known a number of people that have tested positive for it and had only mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:22pm
what Hubert said......... and there should be 40 MILLION Health Care workers and Doctors get it by end of year.. Another 50-60 million in January while doing nursing homes. By Feb another 60 MILLION will start getting to the 65 year old / Medicare / Preexisting conditions.  By  April 1 there will be 200 MILLION people who have got the vaccine, so should be a LOT MORE DATA by then.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:40pm
Not here. From what I have heard, this is not a true ‘vaccine’, it is an RNA. A true vaccine has a very small amount of a virus in it, then your body builds an immunity to the virus. An RNA does not do that, it only changes how your body reacts, after you contract the virus. The Wuhan virus will continue to spread with the use of RNA’s.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 02 Dec 2020 at 10:41pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:58pm
ASAP or sooner!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:41am
i'll prolly get it if it comes around here soon, i don't look to see it for a year or so. the stockholders all got the virus, but they fly all over and go to bars and resturants all the time. to bad they didn't.......
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:45am
And...................since our politicians are so important they should be the ones taking the trial versions of the vaccine. Especially the ones that are telling us how bad this covid is and that we should all stay huddled in our houses and not go out.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:16am
The RNA gives your body the instruction manual to start manufacturing antibodies. It manufactures those antibodies, it doesn't wait to see the virus before it does. When you have antibodies, you don't get the bug, don't build a viral load in your breath and fluids, don't infect other people by doing so, and they have the antibodies as well. Of course it stops the spread.

"True" vaccine (funny word there) also causes the body to manufacture antibodies, just by a different means. They do so by exposing your body to the virus, the RNA vaccine skips that step so to speak and just causes the manufacture of antibodies directly. The protection from the disease is the same mode of action: antibodies.

Edited by Tbone95 - 03 Dec 2020 at 11:19am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:19am
Well....that....and NANOBOTS!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 12:51pm
Tbone......... Lonn says them are Russian BOTS !  Wink
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:01pm
Yes I will get it, I am 75 years old have COPD and type II diabettes and my wife went through chemo 2 years ago and don't have much of a amun system
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:14pm
Thanks for the replies, I'm just torn about the "LONG TERM" effects of a 7 month old "cure all" vrs. side effects a year or 2 down the road ConfusedEmbarrassed.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Yes I will get it, I am 75 years old have COPD and type II diabettes and my wife went through chemo 2 years ago and don't have much of a amun system
Yes sir, you and yours DO deserve it !! Please take care of yourself and "the boss" the best that you can Wink ! Thanks for the reply
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:15am
I'm guessing the wife will be mandated to get it (nurse), though the hospital hasn't announced policy yet. Thinking I'll get it too, I have a touch of asthma, but more so to not bring it home to my elderly parents, mom fighting cancer, Dad certainly doesn't need it either.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:05am

I'll bet there are 218,576 US citizens who 'tested positive' YESTERDAY who wish they could have taken it.

OR how about the 2,918 US citizens who DIED YESTERDAY.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 8:41am
YEP.... makes you wonder WHY WE DIDNT START injections 4 WEEKS AGO !!  WHY did 4 companies wait till the DAY AFTER THE ELECTION to say they had success ?  and WHY WAIT another 6 weeks to get approval and ship !!!     ... MOVE ALONG.. NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!  Wink

If you dont believe this is a Political Agenda Fiasco run by a certain group, you need to pull your head out of your ars.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Dec 2020 at 8:44am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:07am
Steve, just a rhetorical question, how much of the safeguards and testing should we bypass and fast track to get this out even quicker? While I'm sure there's truth to the politic side you mention, this all has happened pretty darn quick in my opinion. Just look at the drug development and approval process for anything else, we've known of this disease in the US for less than a year.

Edited by Tbone95 - 04 Dec 2020 at 10:07am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
What is the long term risk of vaccine for everyone over 70 years old ?   I dont think we have NO DATA... Seems like i read that they have 50,000 people on the  "test cases" so  there is some history. ........... like Gary said... Every week adds another MILLION or more to the "LIST".

another question is , after waiting for a month, then the FDA takes 2-3 weeks to "CHECK"... do you really think they will come back and say NO , DO NOT USE .... i think this is really a REVIEW... Just more paper work.. I really dont think the accomplish ANYTHING ??

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Dec 2020 at 1:13pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

What is the long term risk of vaccine for everyone over 70 years old ?   I dont think we have NO DATA... Seems like i read that they have 50,000 people on the  "test cases" so  there is some history. ........... like Gary said... Every week adds another MILLION or more to the "LIST".

another question is , after waiting for a month, then the FDA takes 2-3 weeks to "CHECK"... do you really think they will come back and say NO , DO NOT USE .... i think this is really a REVIEW... Just more paper work.. I really dont think the accomplish ANYTHING ??

Understand that, all true.

It seems to me......this is not meant any confrontational way, you Steve, are a bit unique in your perspective of this, amongst the CMC's here. (Conservative Core Members - like that? I just came up with it! )
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 3:59pm
I will probably get the vaccine next spring or summer.. I got a flu shot this year.. First time.. also go the pneumonia and shingles shots... I normally go to the doctor about once every 5 years, so not many problems.......... All that being said, if i was in Chitcago, NYC or LA and there were 1 MILLION people infected... I think i would like to see it distributed several weeks ago.. Many people in those places WOULD take it.... I really dont need it, right now... rural community and i really dont go too many places.

When i was a kid we lived outside the "big cities"... in the suburbs... I can remember kids getting polio and pneumonia and almost dieing... I remember several kinds of "fever", chicken pox, and a lot of other CRAP going around... All that is GONE now thanks to  vaccines... Grandkids probably got half a dozen shots when 1-5 years old to keep the CRUD away... Cant argue with success.......... When was the last time you heard of someone getting polio ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Dec 2020 at 4:17pm
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 4:35pm
Not me  By the time they get around to having some for a lowly farmer  it will be next spring and by that time everyone will vaccinated and I will not have to worry about getting it anyway.   
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by festus51 festus51 wrote:

Not me  By the time they get around to having some for a lowly farmer  it will be next spring and by that time everyone will vaccinated and I will not have to worry about getting it anyway.   

Clap Clap !! Best answer ever WinkWink !! Take care festus Wink.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:37pm
I would not only be first in line I will be the one jumping up and down waving my hand as high as I can to get their attention to keep from being missed.

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 4:40am
I also will be first in line when it's available. I already informed my Doc. to put me on the list. Have had the flu shot every year since they were available. Last time I had the flu was in the early ninety's. Can't  even remember the last time I had a cold. Also keep up with pneumonia and had shingles vaccination. I'll keep on doing what apparently works for me.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:41am
Hey T-bone ... "...amongst the CMC's here. (Conservative Core Members - like that? I just came up with it! ) "
mmm, T , ye might want to think about that just a bit more...  Wink
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
I am no probably never. I was at a doc in the box place to get medical card for the drives lienees, got talked up for a flu shot. My wife told me I was going to be sick, did not take her seriously. Three days latter it got me, my reaction was about the same as the real flu.

Some years latter the regular doc talked me up that the first experience was very abnormal.  No the same reaction as the first, if the shot makes me feel that bad I will take my chances. I do not need to pay to feel bad. I don't get the flu every year ether. If all the rest of you get it I don't need it. Besides the flu shot is only got the right stuff 45% of the time because the "bugs" keep mutating so fast. Some years it gets as low as 20% of the bugs going around are stopped. The "new bug" has already mutated so how long this "miracle" shot work.

I am thinking of getting the shingles shot as that can be much worse than the flu. Had a uncle that was doing great at 80+ got the shingles and was done for. The shingles did not kill him, but lost a lot and was gone in about a year latter.

Edited by Ray54 - 05 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Hey T-bone ... "...amongst the CMC's here. (Conservative Core Members - like that? I just came up with it! )
   "
mmm, T , ye might want to think about that just a bit more...  Wink

Yeah, dangnabbit, I screwed up the order

Core Member Conservatives

Was what I was going for
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic