This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid shots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid shots
    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:58pm
This is not political.. Mom 98 years old had her first shot last week. Later that day She could not get out of bed by herself, this went on for 2 days. Older sister was staying with her. She had to get the wheel chair out to get her around the house. Mom is back walking but very very weak. Sister went back to Minneapolis. Neighbor comes over and checks on her every day. She's scheduled for a second shot in 3 weeks. I hope it isn't as bad as this one.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 4:05am
they will affect different people in different ways, niether i nor my old lady....ooooops....i mean my loving wife were affected by either shot, but have heard of others that were. i hope everything works out for her. please don't let her cancel the 2nd shot.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 5:41am
My wife got sick from both I didn’t get sick from either.
I did have serious pain about a month after my first shot right where they gave the shot in the shoulder. No problem with the other.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 7:40am
We have a 92 year old friend that was having trouble deciding if she should be immunized. My wife, who is an RN, advised he to talk to her doctor about it. Her doctor told her she should definitely be immunized. She told her there was a very good chance she wouldn't survive COVID, if she got it.

She did get immunized and had some temporary after effects, but she has been fully vaccinated since April and she is still going strong. I went by her house a few days ago and she was working in her garden.

I guess my advice would be to talk to her doctor and tell the doctor about the effects from the first shot. The doctor would give better advice than anyone on here.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 7:57am
Tom... last week there were 400 people dieing EVERY DAY from the COVID... I read that 399 of them did NOT have the Vaccine... ONE had the vaccine  ( on average daily)... Like Shameless said, tell her the averages are on your side if you get the shot !..

Also saw yesterday where they said the shots "MIGHT" protect you for YEARS... not months... They are learning more every day.  A new variant is on the way and both of the DOUBLE SHOTS are good protectors against this also.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:48am
odd man out here! LOL! I'll take my chances without shots---me and needles do not mix at all! --- had too many after effects from other shots to risk this.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:47pm
My mother is 94 and has had both shoots, shes in a rest home and didn't have any trouble from either shot. My wife and I had the shots neither one of use had anything from the first shot my wife had a little drozzienes from the second shop I didn't have any side affects. I would rather take my chance around public with the shot than without.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 9:28am
  I never got flu shots till I worked a Lowe's and they paid for the shot and you had to get it. I have gotten one every since and no problems and will continue getting Covid shot till I die for safety of the people that won't get the shot or wear a mask.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

I never got flu shots till I worked a Lowe's and they paid for the shot and you had to get it. I have gotten one every since and no problems and will continue getting Covid shot till I die for safety of the people that won't get the shot or wear a mask.

I feel the same way. I don't want to be the person that is responsible for giving it to one of my grandkids that aren't old enough to be vaccinated or anyone else. I, personally, would feel terrible if something bad happen to someone that was exposed to COVID because I didn't get vaccinated.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
I'm not out in the public!  ---- I have no trouble staying at home!  Dont know why more people dont stay home, --- I know some who go far and wide for no reason at all! Now THEY could spread disease of all kinds.
Having to go to work is one thing but to go just to be going and wasting gas is another.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

odd man out here! LOL! I'll take my chances without shots---me and needles do not mix at all! --- had too many after effects from other shots to risk this.

You're going to come up with more info on your "after effects" ConfusedOuch.Did your pee pee fall off , did you grow boobs, gain 300 pounds ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:14pm
I had a minor second shot reaction of achy and extremely tired, seemed even my skin ached but was explained was a typical side effect.  Now under 20s seem to have developed some manner of heart inflammation due to the vaccines, can see holding off for those and as such checking numbers less than 1/1000 UNDER 20 got the virus and had adverse reactions of it, most had no issues even being Positive with it.  A FEW, VERY FEW died due to the virus but had underlying health issues of serious conditions.

Niece and her husband had the virus, as did two of three children, doc did not recommend vaccine for those that did have the virus but did recommend the youngest and she had hers with no reactions.

And still does NOT change the fact that vaccinated or not you can still catch the virus, still have symptoms, still pass it to others and could possibly die due to complications from the virus.  The Vaccine does NOT make you 100% Immune to it, just limits the symptoms to a manageable level of the infection.

Edited by DMiller - 01 Jul 2021 at 7:16pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:22pm
My first Moderna shot left my "injected" arm pretty sore for 2 days, and pretty tired for that evening. My second Moderna had NO side-effects at all Smile.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm
Just heard of a 13 year old dying the day after getting the shot.
If your willing to look lot of evidence of people dying after the shot. I will take my chances with livestock grade Ivermectin if I have to.

But my doctor assured me HCQ and Ivermectin are part of what he prescribes.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm
there is very very little evidence of people dieing after getting the shot... a hand full out of 100 MILLION people... More people die of the flu every day than from the covid shot.

and there are 300 Poeple dieing EVERY DAY that have NOT had the shot.. but caught the WUHAN.

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Jul 2021 at 2:10pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 7:20am
We just had a guy from work that retired. He got the first shot, had a little bit of trouble with that one. Got his second shot, and the next day his wife was talking to him from the kitchen and he wasn't answering. She walked in the living room and said "are you deaf?" No, he was dead.  Blood clot took him out. It does effect some people differently. I've heard through my family and friends that at least a dozen cases of this happened. Most of these people were between 68-80 years of age.....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
Nothing about this man made disaster is predictably safe. Use your brain think about all possibilities. Better than 99% of those that get it don't die.  But that is no comfort to those that lost a loved one. We have big business making big money from the SHOT, there friends in the media are not talking about cases like Steve NJ just reported.

Despite the media more and more comes out that Ivermectin has been very helpful in getting over covid. At least Ivermectin has a track record of not having major side  affects. It was tested many years ago and PAST the exam unlike the SHOT, you are all test subjects. Nothing is to bad for the experts that have kept Ivermectin from the masses if it was half as good as it looks like it is.

And think about it some more you will live or sufferer from this choice the rest of your life. But it is your choice, yet anyway. 

The only thing I will guarantee is none of us leave this world alive, until the return of our LORD.       

Edited by Ray54 - 05 Jul 2021 at 11:52am
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 7:33am
I just saw, on the CBS News, that 99.7% of new COVID cases are unvaccinated people.

They also say that the Delta variant is 40 - 60% more transmissible than the original virus and has indications that it is more serious complications.

My opinion is those that don't get vaccinated are going to keep us in this pandemic longer and with more serious consequences as this virus continues to mutate and more variants emerge.
KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 7:55am
I had the Pfiser shots - a little fatigue after 2nd shot.

Wife has rheumatoid arthritis(RA), and autoimmune disease. She got the Moderna shots. Within a couple weeks, her RA became active (out of remission) and she experiences elevated pulse rate (tachycardia) when standing after sitting for long periods. Per her rheumatologist and cardiologist (reviewed heart monitor for incidents), both claim they are seeing this in patients who took Covid vaccine.

My wife's RA is now so suddenly bad we got a mobility scooter for her.

Her PCP advices against future booster shots for Delta variant, ect and the vaccines ramp up immunie responses to the detriment of autoimmune disease patients.

So, if you have an autoimmune disease or a young person (under 28), you need to seriously weight the pros and cons of the vaccine. A number of countries recommend against males under 28 taking the vaccines b/c cons more than benefits of it.

Edited by KMAG - 10 Jul 2021 at 7:59am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:54am
The reports are more unvaccinated sickened but the numbers are never revealed as to how many actual vaccinated got the virus and how bad the reactions from it.

Need the whole story not the bits and pieces lame stream reveal.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 9:21am
have seen reports that  2-300 people have died after the shot.. Not 100% sure it WAS due to the shot... For arguments sake, lets say 1000 died after the shot.. Thats out of 150,000,000 ........... thats 1 person in 150,000 ....... about 0%..

Also if 1000 people in the last 6 months, that 5 people per day ?  If you DONT have the shot, there were 500 - 1000 people dieing EVERY DAY..

Anyway you look at it, you are 100 TIMES better off having the shot compared to NOT having the shot.... Cases like Kmag mentions are rare.. If you stay in your house and have no contact with the outside world, that might be a solution for some.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

You're going to come up with more info on your "after effects" ConfusedOuch.Did your pee pee fall off , did you grow boobs, gain 300 pounds ?? would you please grow up!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

I just saw, on the CBS News, that 99.7% of new COVID cases are unvaccinated people.

They also say that the Delta variant is 40 - 60% more transmissible than the original virus and has indications that it is more serious complications.

My opinion is those that don't get vaccinated are going to keep us in this pandemic longer and with more serious consequences as this virus continues to mutate and more variants emerge. 

WF, more variants may be emerging, but I believe the 'mutation' theory has been debunked...at least that is what I have read, FWIW. Delta variant 40-60% more transmittable....how do they know that? what does that even mean? I'm not picking on you, just using your post for my thoughts. I am not an antivaxxer, but at the same time we are in uncharted waters here, using untested vaccines, and making judgements basted on questionable info provided by a questionable government, and media. And, there is the big money angle, drug companies stand to make big money here, with little/no risk, which I am not opposed to, but it does mean we, the consumer must be far more wary because the government safeguards have been dropped, or relaxed. Because of no testing, we have no idea of the long term effects of the vaccine.....probably nothing, but we really don't know.
SteveIll is correct concerning the odds, but the 'odds' may, or may not be based on good data. Every year for as long as I can remember, there was a certain no. of people that died from the flu, usually the chronically ill, and or elderly.....except for 2020. I have yet to see or hear of a common flu death, or statistics thereof. Why? I don't know, but my suspicion is they happened, but was  misdiagnosed, or deliberately counted as COVID deaths. Likewise many other COD reports. A while back, I studied CDC stats, noticed Cause of Death for many illnesses dropped dramatically for many categories, in 2020. Did we suddenly get healthier except for COVID? There may be some legitimate reason for some of drop in some categories, but, again my suspicion is  monkey business with the numbers.
Then there is Fausi and his no mask/must mask/must double mask ignorance. and all the mandates to enforce mask use, w/o any advice, or criteria as to type/style/specs/use of said mask. I saw people with masks on their mouth, but not their nose, and all manor of styles and materials, from train robber bandana masks to cheap knockoff surgical masks! none of which was designed for the purpose of catching a virus 100's of times smaller than the matrix of the mask material! Lots of BS, lots of false information, lots of unknowns.
My point is I am not sure if I will get the vaccine or not, I can understand both sides of the argument, and I will not judge anyone for getting, or not getting the vaccine.
I had it once, was given a 50-50 chance of survival....after I was treated for a week (I was not informed of this at the time, they told my wife, they called her and asked if she wanted me home, or sent to a nursing home (to die))! It wasn't my time.
and, you can point the finger at me for jeopardizing the public health if you wish, I am going to make my decision to vax or not based on what I can perceive to be my, and the publics best interest, right or wrong.

BTW just as a footnote, the government CAN force us to get vaccinated! That was decided y SCOTUS a long time ago.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 11:50am
There are now Two More variants beyond Delta, Lambda & Epsilon are now noted along with Alpha Beta and Gamma, then are the weirder notations of the variants to regions, are so many variations there is in no way a single vaccine going to stop it.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 12:36pm
DMiller, don’t leave out the very last one that will be discovered in the future, The Omaga Varient.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 12:48pm
To be Sure, yet may not happen as the NIH WHO and CDC come up with Other names for the same stuff to make a 'New' pandemic.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
Oh yeah = talk has started on the new fall pandemic predictions
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 1:46pm
The problem is the virus keeps mutating and getting easier to spread.. If you have the SHOT , that slows it WAY DOWN on the spread.. Countries that only have a few percent vaccinated are not doing so good......... 50,000 PER DAY in some countries.

Edited by steve(ill) - 10 Jul 2021 at 1:48pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 1:52pm
3 weeks ago the US was down to 8,000 new cases a day.... Today we are up to 25,000 NEW cases per day.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 3:20pm
Unless your family physician specifically tells you not to get vaccinated, get vaccinated.  No if's, and's or but's.  Are we clear?
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic