This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coolent in 8010 engine oil pan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coolent in 8010 engine oil pan
    Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:31am
Checked fluid levels the other day n found low coolent and hi engine oil level, drained oil and left plug out for 4 days, anti-freeze was dripping (a drop every 5-6 seconds, put rad pressure tester on and pumped up to 13 psi, ya it dripped faster, removed oil lines from engine oil cooler and valve cover and left rad tester on over nite with no sign of leakage in those two areas - coolent still dripping from drain plug. My next move is to remove drive shaft and oil pan, my question is how or can one check the copper injector sleeve for leaking be fore I go any further? Thanks Dave
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:42am
Drop the oil pan and watch where it comes from. Inside the sleeve, maybe a copper injector sleeve. Outside the sleeve, sleeve Orings and the most likely.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:24am
Sleeve o-ring trouble. You'll see it with the pan off. Copper tube in the head can leak, but they would either leak externally or into the combustion chamber. The amount of coolant leaking into the combustion chamber would have to be enough to leak down past the rings to get into the oil. Not very likely. If it had antifreeze in a cylinder, it might hydro lock when trying to start,blow coolant out the exhaust, smoke white when running, or even force the coolant out the radiator overflow.
Hayboy 58 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayboy 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 9:18pm
Hey new to the forum,I would second the sleeve o rings. We have had this happen to our 8010.Luckily my uncle is a retired diesel mechanic and helped replaced the o rings in all the liners, you can do this yourself. Don't keep running it or you will take out your main bearings with coolant in your oil.
automaticdave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 10:46am
Sorry guys that I didn't get back to you's sooner but its the piston sleeve o-rings leaking coolent, I thought it mite have been the injector sleeves this time as I had replaced the sleeves, o-rings, pistons & bearings, do to eletrolysis 24 years ago 4500 hrs and only put 4000 hrs since, I used a Agco o-haul kit at the time and faithfully change anti-freeze every two-three years. Can still see hatch marks on the sleeves, bearings look pretty nice as well but will replace them as well. Thanks for the advice-Dave
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 10:51am
You're probably using the wrong type of antifreeze. Must be the pink colored HD diesel coolant premixed 50%/50%.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 11:00am
Ya Doc it got green anti-freeze 24 years ago and switch to the diesel purple stuff 6 years ago
Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 8:32am
Check the lower bores on the block when you get the sleeve out.  The counterbores where the o rings seat may be your problem, not the sleeves this time.  It can be bored and re-sleeved if needed.  Any pitting there will not bode well for the o rings sealing.

Best,

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 1:35pm
My money says it's the counterbores.....
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 4:20pm
Well Stevey I think ya better get your money out cause the bore is like new in this block, now the closer I look at this thing I may have damaged the ring installing back in the day but if I did I would think the devel wooda got the bottom ring too, I will try & get some to post a pic & you guys either for give me or spank me ! Dave
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 7:37pm
Wellll...I think you better thank your lucky stars that the bores are good! That saves mountains of work!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic