This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Convenience gas stations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convenience gas stations
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 9:36pm
Just wondering what ones you folks have in your areas? Biggest ones here seem to be Caseys General Stores and Kum and Go. Will be traveling south and south west this winter, health permitting.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 9:48pm
not west, but CASEYS is big in Illinois also.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 12:03am
a lot of circle K's down southwest. dunno about others that have expanded out there. we have 2 caseys here along with quik piks.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:46am
we usually winter around yuma az; lots of different brands.  Fry grocery stores are usually the cheapest places to buy gas!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:20am
Wawa, Royal farms, Highs and 711's around these parts, mostly...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 7:31am
There's a Circle K down the road . Used to be 7 11s around years ago . Don't recognize any of the other stores mentioned . Thanks
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 8:53am
Heard yesterday some interesting stuff that Quik Trip sold all their stores to Circle K in Illinois because of the tax issue
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 9:02am
Casey's here, also they have the best quality gas and diesel. we have Freedom stations, BUT the quality is " bottom of the barrel" stuff! I quit going there when the diesel started messing up. --I am not the only one either.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 9:31am
We have White Oak Station, kum n go, Rapid Roberts and EZ Mart which used to be Speedy-Mart. Casey’s just moved in to Arkansas a couple years back.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 12:51pm
Kwik Trips in Wisconsin we always joke that when you go to La Crosse you will never get lost because no matter where you are if you look around you will see one. we have 3 in our town.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Heard yesterday some interesting stuff that Quik Trip sold all their stores to Circle K in Illinois because of the tax issue
I don't believe that Kwik Trip owned any stations in IL.  They are only in WI, MN and IA.  They CONTROL pricing around here and are keeping it high.  There is a Citgo right near my house that is .08 cents cheaper than them.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:13pm
Quik Trip is actually different from Kwik Trip. In Iowa they are Kwik Star. But Ted that station is owned by what people?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 2:11am
caseys beat all other joints by between .10 cents and .15 cents per gallon on gas. if they ever stock diesel fuel in them here, they will prolly dry up the truck stop.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:08am
Yes they are different Quik Trip or known as QT and the other Kwik Trip 2 totally different stores, have a lot of Breaktimes around MO, gas sucks cause of ethanol, MFA owns them or has part in them , must not pay good cause always someone new working there
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:33am
Thanks guys. Do they all have ethonal gas pumps. I only buy gas with ethonal on it. Everything I have runs on e15 I including chain saws, lawn mowers,etc.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Harder to find Pure gas than ethanol, E10-E15 is everywhere.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 3:22pm
So true ,,It is,,,, only see Connoco advertise NO ETHANOL,,, rest burns terribly and the diesel fuel thru Breaktime wont even light a brush pile,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Will not buy that mix of Diesel and refined cooking oil, does terrible things to fuel systems on the old wagons.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:29pm
The boy is due to graduate this coming spring with a chemical engineering degree, with an emphasis on petroleum, I learned a lot from him about bio fuels and ethanol.  A synopsis of it, ethanol is generic, what you're not told is water content of the ethanol in the fuel you're buying and the mixing process.  Certain stations have cheaper 10% ethanol but you can bet it has twice the water content as higher priced stations.  If you're driving all the time and burn it out you probably won't experience anything other than lower fuel mileage.  I put a lot of miles on my work vehicle and don't worry about it, I don't use my diesel tractors much so they get the good stuff, (not MFA), had to clean the black slime out of a friends tractor.
Maximum use of available resources!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:39am
I did a house for a tank truck driver for a store chain. He said everyone gets their gas from the same pipe. But they all have their own additives to add to it. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:19am
That's true Mike.  Our Kwik Trip stores state that if your car/truck ever have a problem and it's because of THEIR fuel, they'll pay the bill.  I know a guy that had gas line freeze and he complained to them.  He was told that it wasn't their fuel after they did a test on it.  They were right and proved it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:42am
Always the scammers ruining it for the rest of us. I hope they gave him the lab testing bill too. Censored
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:14pm
Allsup's (Valero, Alon)
Kent Kwik (Chevron/Texaco)
Jack's (Exxon)
Uncle's (Valero, Alon, BP)
DK former 7-Eleven, (Alon, Delek,)
and what seems like a Pilot on every other corner, and one under construction!!
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
mike33 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

Just wondering what ones you folks have in your areas? Biggest ones here seem to be Caseys General Stores and Kum and Go. Will be traveling south and south west this winter, health permitting.

There are many around here, Shell stations, BP stations, and many others.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:06am
I avoid the allsup's when possible.   restrooms accomidations aren't up to others standards.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:01am
Mike33, just be aware that a common trick in this part of the country, is the posted gasoline price up on the sign. You may see a vendor with a better posted price, you pull up to the pump, then you realize that price is for 86 octane not 87. But 87 is not available, next up is 88 octane, but that is 20-25 cents higher.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:09am
The pure ethanol is not put into the pipelines with the gasoline. The ethanol is stored separate from the gasoline. It is blended with the gasoline at the time the tanker is loaded out for delivery.
Pure ethanol does not travel the county by petroleum pipeline, it is transported by rail car, or semi trailer.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:35am
2 plus year old post, new member (less than 12 hours)?  SPAM, Phishing?
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:50am
Yes Jim, have noticed that a lot recently, old posts brought back up front, not just here, but other forums/chat rooms as well.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:37pm
Spam or not, the local CASEYS is by far and away the most expensive fuel (can't comment on the quality ), We have SPEEDWAYS, 7/11's with MOBIL fuel, COSTCO (have been told that "ANYTHING" that Costco pedals is TOP NOTCH),Family Express, the "PHILLIPS 66"  stations, and now there's a new  REBEL brand ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic