This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Consignment auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consignment auction
    Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:53pm
Went to the local Young Farmers Assoc. annual auction yesterday, been going for a number of years. When it first started it was mostly used farm equipment but every year they seem to have more of everything else including a lot of junk, jet ski, boat and motor, race car tires, etc. Antique dealers seem to be buying all of the old horse drawn plows and other old stuff and  paying top dollar.  I bought two old steel wheels that my neighbor wanted but I had to bid way more than I would have if I were getting them for myself. Stayed most of the day and didn't get anything else except out bid on a few things I wanted. Thanks for letting me vent.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:24pm
kinda that way up here Hubert, except it's the still scrappers instead of antique dealers, if steel goes back up, which they claim it's fixing to, there won't be anything around here and the thieves will be back out stealing everything not nailed down
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 9:25pm
I went to the "Young Farmers" Auction yesterday (average age, approx 60) Only two ac pieces, a 3 point 4 row planter, built in the 1950's and a pretty nice folding disk, maybe 24', good disks, and general condition, had left to get my big truck before either sold.  Bought an IHC 642 4 bottom spinner plow, very good condition except for the hoses.  Put new hoses on it this morning and it plowed better then either of my AC 3 bottom spinners.  Maybe I should paint it orange....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:43am
With all of the inter net advertising in this day and age, there sure aren't as many auction sale "deals" like there used to be. darrel
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:54am
How many times did you get outbid by the pegions?    I’ve been to some of the consignent auctions around here that are run by the crooks, I mean thieving fast talkers wher mos things were brought by someone with a number under 99 and the first person in line got number 101. I can only thing that the pegions or squirrels were bidding. Go figure.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:19am
We us to have the kind Paul is talking about here. I am not very smart and I knew what was up so I don't know who they where fooling. I thought that was just the way junk had to be soldLOL.

But I thoughtSleepy you where all going cause you supported the Young Farmers.LOL

Yes scrap iron being worth something dose have many down sides if your are a rustoholic. 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:04pm
Auctioneers around here often bid when there doesn't seem to be anyone that bid.  The reason, there is a reserve or an absentee bid on the item.  Don't think they are all crooks.  They have standards, rules and laws they must abide by.  If you have a complaint take it to your state auctioneers association.  It's on the auction flyer, your bid card and/or posted on the auction trailer, truck. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:37pm
No YF auction, this year. said they can't get no help.  I said get a better auctioneer.  He is a local trailer dealer, and you can tell which are his, at the sale, he spends a long time sellin them, but if its somethin you brought to sell, its 3 bids, and its gone.  Last time, I went by his yard, there was one of them trailers he "sold" at the auction, sittin right out front...Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic