This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concrete cut tires?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concrete cut tires?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 8:28pm
Had a slight issue this weekend with some tires ran on concrete to sharpen them. It was not my tractor, but I had no problem with it. Rules say no cut tires.... That's it, nothing else.

Some other guys threw a fit and made them pull in the next class up. How do your guys clubs handle this?
Sponsored Links

patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 8:40pm
I use to do that years ago but we allow cut tire now in the mod class  no cuts in the stock or super farm classes
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:05pm
most rules say no purposely altered tires, road worn are ok....  I ran into the same thing last last year with a set of concrete top cuts.... It not only makes em' sharp but also hard, lol!
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 6:12am
That's a good idea. "Purposely altered"would be an excellent way of putting it. Maybe a rule change is in order.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 6:44am
There you go. Now, YOU be the Judge and Jury on that rule. I'll take a set and spin them backwards on cement to get the profile I want. Then I'll run them for 6 months or a year on the farm doing actual road work and farming. Then I'll bring them to one of your pulls.
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:11am
   Mine were as the DR speaks of, they said they were to "evenly" worn! Then rode around and used to get the feathered edge worn off. This is when the "purposely altered" rule came into effect. I just stepped up after that, some didn't. I heard the buzz about how sorry they was, etc. I didn't want to be spoke of like that. I finally started running Full cuts.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
2wise4agm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wise4agm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:52am
To me purposely altered would be up to subject to opinion, but "cut" is pretty cut and dry. I guess it's just like anything else. Someone is going to push the limit as far as they can. I'm still relatively new to this so I guess I'll get schooled as we go along.
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 8:40am
That's why a lot of clubs went to top cuts anybody with a grinder or electric woodplaner can cut the edge they want on them. Since our club went to this no complaining and it evened things out same guys weren't always winning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic