This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coin collectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobkyllo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coin collectors
    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 4:11am
So I collect coins and read some material from time to time
on collecting coins, what's hot and what's not, etc.

Any way I know that star notes are more valuable then their replacement. I also know that if you money in sequence it's also worth more.

So I ended up at my bank buying some $2 bills for spending money. I get home and she first thing I noticed Is these are crispy brand new bills. Then I see the first had a star. I start flipping through and the whole stack is star notes. I was admiring them when I noticed they go in order. Why way long story short I've been back twice now and each the same story. I now have $100 dollars worth of star notes all very crispy next to uncirculated (of course I can't lable them that). They all go on order also. I believe I have 20 that go in order skip 10 numbers then again I have 10 in order again then skip a few and I have again another 10 in order skip again again and finish with another 10 in order.

What do you suppose this might be worth. Face value would be $100 but I'm thinking it's worth a bit more then that.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 6:25am
$100, as anyone can go to bank and get them,
Now  a 'set' of sequential ,uncirculated notes WILL be worth more, once they don't come out of the ATMs.

Up here, guys are buying pre68 coins at 17x face value as they'll smelt them down as silver.
 Real copper pennies( ones that don't stick to magnets' are worth more than a penny each !

I used to collect Canadian RADAR bills, their serial numbers are like 1234321, 4236324,etc. Scored TWO 50s from a 'pony player' one day....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:43am
Bobby, pretty sure Jay is right. 50 years from now, who knows?

My Dad was a coin collector and had some old paper money too. After reading this I had to dig out the 'book' and have a look. Some pretty cool notes in there. Probably look through the coin book today too.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:21am
i have small coin collection  silver coins real pennys and some canaidian paper money from when i was hauling produce to edmonton in the 80s, not any thing valuble or rare but just neat to have.          i was going to ask about all the ones that you see on tv , are they legal tender ?  why would all these so called new morgan uncurulated silver dollars show up now ?  
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

why would all these so called new morgan uncurulated silver dollars show up now ?  

Those are real, just way over priced as limited mintage.  But if you want extremely overpriced, look at some of the old Morgans.... WOW.  I have quite a collection but some, some will never be in my hands, rare and cost more than a dozen farms!!

1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 5:33pm
what about those buffallo gold ones and the others that advertised on tv  
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

what about those buffallo gold ones and the others that advertised on tv  

Haven't seen those, but you have to be careful what you buy, there are some serious fakes going around.  I would never buy from a TV (or newspaper add).  Everything I buy, I study/examine in hand.  I use reputable dealers I know and can trust and I still verify every purchase for authenticity.  Alot of coin deals I do see on the tube turn out to be either silver or gold plated so they aren't lying 100% but the so called coins are worthless!  Buyer beware!

Edited by NDBirdman - 01 Feb 2022 at 5:43pm
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic