This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CO2 detectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO2 detectors
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:37am
Yep, 1' down and 1' out.  In stairwells, put it at the highest point 1' out from any walls.
Think how smoke reacts, it swirls and can't get into corners, it rises to the highest point and swirls there also.
A good way to see what happens is to go to a Fire Station that has a test house.  We made our own for going to the schools for fire prevention week.  Having the kids sit inside and seeing what smoke does (artificial stuff, not harmful) teaches them how to react to a real fire and stay safe.  VERY informative.......I wonder if there is something on youtube??
Hope this helps....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:55am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I bought a new smoke/CO2 detector combo to puts in the stairwell to the upstairs.

Ten Four what ole Hubert is tellin you, Shameless,,,,When we had ADT install their system in our house, I did ask the installer bout that and he said 1 foot down from ceiling as the smoke from even a smolderin fire will rise very fast, "AND CONGRAGATE at the ceiling"., which makes sense to me,,,, I don't know bout placement in a two story house, but think would still hold true bout the smoke congragating at the ceiling,,,,
 makes me think bout MY latest fiasco while boilin a pan and forgot the sob, till the Wife called me and was screamin bout the friggin smoke alarms goin off,,,!!!! Kinda funny now,,,but musta scared the chit outa her,,,,,,Wink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:42am
I bought a new smoke/CO2 detector combo to puts in the stairwell to the upstairs.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:41am
thanks...we can't have a live tree in our house cuz the old lady...oooops….I mean the loving wife says she's allergic to the pine. it sucks cuz I love pine! each year at the 911 center we would puts in a real tree. the fire marshal would come thru and red tag it, we just used that red tag as another Christmas decoration. he keeps telling us we can't have that tree in there. and we always countered him and dared him to close us down because of it! it never happened!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:50pm
And if someone thinks they don't need smoke detectors there are videos online showing how fast a room can go from a small smoldering fire to a room full of fire. And closed doors help stop the spread of a fire. During the Christmas season live trees that are not watered are fires looking for a place to happen. Hope everyone stays safe this holiday season.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:43pm
CO is slightly lighter than air, according to NFPA the detectors should be mounted high up on the wall. I usually install them about 1 ft. below the ceiling. You need one within 10 ft. of each sleeping area. Nebraska code 76-2, 120 should give you more information for your area. Just remember to test them monthly and replace batteries every 6 months unless you have one with the 10 year battery. All detectors should be replaced at least every 10 years.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm
should tell you in the installation instructions
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:38am
Guess I don't really know but mine goes into a plugin so it is about 2 feet off the floor.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:25am
how far above the floor should these be mounted?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic