This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cloudy OIl again Please Advise ..Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertfitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloudy OIl again Please Advise ..Thanks
    Posted: 2 hours 22 minutes ago at 10:39am
Dear fans of Allis .. Please what are your thoughts on this new development  . I had the head milled flat , new gasket and reassembled  Your last advice saved the day ad I was up and running  I checked the oil a few times over the first 3 days ..looked perfect  but when checking the oil a week later it  was very cloudy again .I drained the oil pan and out rushed a quart of clear water and then 4 qts of cloudy oil.
   Should I re-torque the head bolts ..the tractor manual I have on the D10 didnt mention it but  but a car mechanic did.  If I need to , do I back them  off  a little in the reverse sequence and then take them up to specs in the assembly sequence. I also used a modern composite gasket and was told to put it on dry , no sealer. Though the manual said lather it on  and then lastly I reused the head bolts .  I drained the pan dry  left the plug out , filled the radiator, put a clean bucket under it and no water is leaking into the pan after 3 days of just sitting .  where did I go wrong .  All the best to you and my many thanks   ; Albert
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 50 minutes ago at 12:11pm
that is a small leak. I have used BARS 1109 Copper Block Sealer for small problems withe gaskets, radiator, o-0rings on liners, etc... A 18 oz bottle cost about $10. ... You can use half of it and should solve your problem. It mixes with the antifreeze, no need to drain...

Dont get the pellets, the black gooie crap or silver flakes.... This is the right stuff.

Edited by steve(ill) - 45 minutes ago at 12:16pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic