This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

christmas dinner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: christmas dinner
    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:28pm
just me and the wife this year for christmas. beautiful day, 35 degrees and no wind in northwest iowa. morrell bone in ham, green bean casserole, baked beans with thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, boiled taters and homemade ham gravy with homemade chocolate pie and real whipped cream. yum-yummy, full as a tick,lol.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 5:50pm
Sounds good we had roast chicken mash potatoes cranberries and coleslaw just my wife and I and grand daughter and grand son.  Randy
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 6:40pm
Sounds good! Just my bride, her mother, and me today. Big thing with wife's family was Christmas breakfast. We had smoked boston butt, scrambled eggs, and hot biscuits with pork gravy. I ate way too much as usual.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 6:56pm
Wife pre-baked some pig that I spent a little time grilling for taste, Ribs and Midwest Pork Steaks!! Tater Salad, Deviled Eggs and Baked Beans, as was 68 again today!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 5:04am
Jenn has to work last night so we’re having Christmas dinner tonight. Not sure what we’re having but yesterday I did make buttermilk pie.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 7:55am
     Never heard of buttermilk pie. What's in it besides buttermilk and what is it like? Maybe a regional dish? Maybe you'd like to share a recipe?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:49am

Well,,we had our 3rd oldest Son and his GF from Texas and me and the wife. The oldest and the youngest boys had to work and the other two could not travel so we were like some others with a big table, lots of groceries and 4 people,,,,, The wife gets  kinda sentimental  that the ALL Boys and their families cannot all be here,,,,SO,, I have to tell her,,"Thats just the way it is",,,and try to keep the peace,,,,,Clap
 Just means more groceries for ole Joe,,,,,LOLClap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 1:37pm
Christmas eve at the olests,all the kids and grands(11 of us) made it for Mexican. Yesterday was kind of slow but 2 youngsts showed up and keto friendly turkey casserole.  The big wing ding for "stockholders"( up to 20 including the 11) is Sat with the prime rib defrosting in the sink today.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 3:27pm

All the Gold in California is under Rays mattress. Wink

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm
Well, the kids said they wanted a cat for Christmas, I was planning on a ham, but whatever they want!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 7:42pm
Old fashioned buttermilk pie recipe.
3eggs beaten mix in1.5 cups sugar.
Melt in 1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbl spoon Lemmon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400
Mix all ingredients and pour in 9” pie crust.
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then turn oven down to 350 and bake another 40 to 45 minutes
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:50am

Hey Thad,,,,I'm likin the sound of the ingredients in your Buttermilk Pie,,,,you don't susspossed I could come by and get a ,,,,taste,,,,???ClapClap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:10am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,,I'm likin the sound of the ingredients in your Buttermilk Pie,,,,you don't susspossed I could come by and get a ,,,,taste,,,,???ClapClap

You better hurry. The boy isn’t awake yet but when he is there won’t be any left.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 7:37am
All of your Christmas dinners sound wonderful!Smile

Beginning I'd say.....8-10 years ago(?), with the family expanding, and sister needs to have "a Christmas" with her inlaws, and another one with work, and another with friends, and friends we wanted to have, and kids in college, with girlfriends, etc.......it just got to be too much.  Now days, on Christmas day, we gather at Mom and Dad's around 12-1:00, and we eat massive munchies like: cocktail shrimp, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, wings, cheese and crackers, etc. etc.   Not that it's all bad, I mean the company is what is most important.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:26am

Yeah,,,times are changing around us old timers,,,and the only'ist thing we can do is try to roll with the punches and go with the flow,,,, The wife yearns of the days of old and gets upset that we can't have a houseful of family and everybody having a good time with lots of cooking going on,,,,,,I try to tell her the boys that have their own family now have to spend some of thet time with the Other side of their  family,,,, it's hard,,,,,I tell you,,,it's hard,,,,
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:30am
I was lucky in that when my wife's parents were still around, they lived only 2 miles from my parents.  So even when we lived out of state, one trip "home" could cover both families, and it was even easier because my wife's family tradition was Christmas Eve, and my family's is Christmas day.  #2 son's girl lives 350 miles away, so if she's "the one", that will certainly complicate things!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:59am
We had 'Christmas' early at the youngest daughters on the 21st and we did like Tbone95 says, nothing but snacks.  Had about 40 people and still had LOTS of left overs!

We had Christmas day with my Mom (93), her younger brother, and my older sister and her hubby.  We had pizza cause that's what Mom wanted.  Worked out real well.

Joe, yep,,,,,,,times are changing and we have to go with the flow.  Kinda makes me mad at times too, but such is life.  We KNEW they'd grow up and leave home,,,,,,,,so we got nothin to grouch about.  But yeah,,,,,,,,,it's HARD.  I miss those days with wrapping paper all over the living room.  Now it's at THEIR house, so I don't have to clean up I guess.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 12:24pm
Wink Just about all of us want things to be like they were. Cry But stop just a gal darn minute Wink think how you would feel if thier 45 and still living in you basement. And where lobbing to move thir baby momma in and her other babies from before in too. Then you could be Angry.  So count your many blessings that they are living their own life as a responable adult.LOLWink An if your really lucky you got grandkids you  spoal,an then you send them home so you can take the nap the grand didn't want.LOL

I am very blessed in that all 4 grands are less than a hour away. And we can count the other grandparents as friends too.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:31am
AMEN Ray,,,,,, no matter how much we all holler at our own kids, we just love em to death!!  And when the start their own lives, we have to undo the apron strings and accept the choices that they have made.  The same as OUR parents had to.  Life goes on and it's WONDERFUL!!!!   Enjoy every second of it, cause we are all living on borrowed time.  LOVE em and give em Orange tractors so they won't forget us.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic