This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

certainly not the best news I ever heard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: certainly not the best news I ever heard
    Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:32pm
My newest grandson (four months old) had an appointment yesterday for what we thought was to get measured up for one of those helmets that you see more and more babies wearing now a days to properly shape their heads. Well, the doctor found things a little more serious than just requiring a helmet. The poor little fella is going to have to go to Mayo clinic at Rochester and probably go under a surgery on his skull to fix some stuff. Something to do with some growth plates on the skull closing up before they're supposed to be closing, and therefore won't allow his brain to continue growing. I am very glad that they are able to fix such stuff, but I am also worrying myself sick for the little guy. We all love him so much and can't fathom that he'll have to go through this. We'll do everything in our power and leave the rest in God's hands. Darrel
Sponsored Links

Johnwilson_osf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:37pm
Sending our thoughts and prayers your way.  
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:39pm
Prayers going out to you and your family. It sucks when something happens to someone so young and innocent.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:14pm
Hope things go well with your grandson. There is so much they don't understand at a young age like that,and you find yourself wishing you could take their place. Give him all the love you can.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:36pm
Mayo Clinic is a great palce to go. Fixed an eye sight problem that for 20 years my local opthamologist said coudn't be fixed. 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:54pm
Modern medicine is amazing,what they can do these days. God be with you and yours Darrell.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:21pm
Prayers sent your way for your grandson and for all of you too.
God be with you all through this .
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 2:38am
prayers from us too Darrel! I hope it comes out o-k, i'm sure it will, them folks up there know what they are doing! gives him a hug for me! keep us posted
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:02am
 Gosh,,Darrel,, You keep your head up and be strong for the Grandson and all the family especially the parents,,they must be so worried,,!! Praying for all the family and may Peace be with you.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:49am
Prayers from here Darrel. May God hold the little one in His hands and guide the surgeons as they make the corrections necessary. May He grant peace and comfort to you and the parents and provide the strength to get through this trial. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:30am
Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes guys. I do appreciate them and NEED them. I am really have a tough time with this. Darrel
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:48am
Darrel, he’s going to the place where miracles happen, he’s a young pup, won’t remember any of this later,
It’s us Dads and grandpas that worry and hurt, my brother is a retired doctor, he has always said the Mayo is the Disney World of the medicine world, truly a place of magic! He and you all will be in our prayers!,
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:04am
Prayers from UP of Michigan
  John Carlson

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:14am
Prayers for the little guy , you and your family Darrel are on the way .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:35am
more prayers from this dirrection.. and moral support.

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:54am
Praying for your whole family going through this trying time.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 2:56pm
Prayers from northern lower Michigan
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
JoeO(C-MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(C-MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:59pm
Thoughts and prayers from this home!  When one of these little human beings a person wants to hug them to draw all the bad out!
D10 III, D15 II 3 pt, D15 II SC, 170 Gas w/shuttle, 175 Diesel UI ROPS, 185 w ROPS. AC 653 w/6 way blade, ROPS
AC 615 Ind. WD45 running/Parts.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:11pm
Prayers for the little man! God speed his recovery!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
orange200 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:44pm
Prayers coming to you from NE Iowa.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:01am
Prayers from here as well.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:33am
I work around medical labs most every day, it's amazing the things they do.  Twenty years ago this would have never been detected in time if at all.  That doesn't make it any easier to go through but prayers from us and glad they found it.
Maximum use of available resources!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:46am
Prayers sent from Jenny and I. I’m so glad it was detected and will be fixed
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:40am
Prayers for the boy, your family, and the caregivers.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:18pm
Wishing the best for him Darrel. My cousin's son had the same sort of thing done 20 years ago in Rochester. Best doctor's on earth hang out there.  

Edited by Unit3 - 26 May 2019 at 1:18pm
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:48pm
Prayers from here for complete healing. Modern medicine can do amazing things but God is the Great Physician and the Author of all healing. At times like this we have to trust in Him and depend on Him to get us through.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 11:30pm
how's your little buddy doing so far Darrel?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 6:31am
Darrel,
 Hoping your grandson will be fine. We have one that has been through many operations!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:36am
Prayers for your family, Darrel. I've heard nothing but good things about the Mayo Clinic. 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:37am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

how's your little buddy doing so far Darrel?

He's still at home. With memorial day weekend, they are still waiting on the call from Rochester to give them the appointment date. I am pretty sure that they will get the call tomorrow, and probably be on the way shortly thereafter. The little guy really doesn't know that he has anything wrong with him yet. I guess that if something doesn't get done, then his brain won't have room to grow, and will result in brain damage. I'll keep you all posted on what happens. Thanks again. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic