This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CC Fraud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC Fraud
    Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 9:46pm
Got tagged on CC fraud today
Ran up bills to $13000 against a disused Amex and our standard Chase cards. Have reported the fraud will see how far that goes. Ford is on hold for now, gonna have to put KW for sale. That kind of immediate hit and any RV is long gone from our budget.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 11:37pm

BOY, I hate to hear that Dave,,,,,,,It just drives me up the frigging wall as it has happened to me TWICE recently on my reloadable CC ,,,!!  Mine is not near as yours and I relly feel for your situation,,,,,,!!  Here's hoping your bank can recover yours and make you whole again. What I DO KNOW is that the penalty for fraud is not near enough YEARS busting rocks,,,,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 7:47am
And that is IF they catch the buggers Joe.

Chase Tech explained a LOT of the How they Do that.

Phone Cloners are still in use, looking for dummies as I that have not accepted Multifactor Authorization(Do Now, too late), can nearly instantly See passwords in logs to such as VENMO or Paypal, any similar sites, can read Bank account numbers if online bank at all, can read a Chipped Debit card but are harder to attack, still accessible.  As to the Phone Clone, can redirect inputs for a short time to THEIR Phone you may not see until they shut the clone off.  I received a Single blurb warning on AMEX while in my shop, that sent me on a mission to see what was up.  By then had SEVEN Charges on that card so went to my others, Chase had four.  After they quit as I changed PWs and called authorities, the remaining Authority Challenges showed up.

RFID or Card Chip scanners are Pocket Sized now, some can be concealed in clothing where all have to do is get within a few feet for code clone, can happen ANYWHERE, anyplace people are in close proximity and do NOT have to be in direct contact or showing interest in you or your party.  

And YES, I felt Rural, Bulletproof, inaccessible where NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Friday went to Washington MO HF, got a second 2T hoist and trolley for my lift for the cab.  Went to dinner at Marquardt's Landing, not all that crowded, went to Schnucks Market, as well HF and a Gas Stop.  Milled around for a time in HF and at Schnucks, no telling where these people got us.  Again per the tech, Multifactor EVERYTHING, sicks but slows the scams, RFID Shield wallets DO WORK, have one coming, Iphones can be app equipped but even as Hackers can get by every known Anti Virus system they can get thru phones, just do not put anything of value on them.  Last but not least, DROP Social Media, BIG Target Scan access points for Scammer/Hackers looking for us.  She was 25, is NOT on FB or any other media sites, not worth it.

EDIT:
Almost forgot, they dearly LOVE Online parts/materials buyers, if do ANY off a phone can have ALL that info instantly.  Off a home PC a Little Harder in country but still doable, do not know any way around that for old machines.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Jan 2024 at 8:06am
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:13am
Dang that sucks- they should be able to resolve that tho- happened to me once on my checking account - someone thru Yahoo hit my checking account with $149.00 twice on a Saturday, my banker called and asked if I knew anything about it - nope ;it was all tracked down and done/ rembersed in the hour- our crazy electronic systems now
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:25am
I bought gas one friday am on VISA card.. That night went to grocery store and then Dinner and card would NOT WORK at either. Called the next day and someone tried to use the card 5 states away from me an hour after i used it to buy gas.. VISA shut down the card right then.. I though that was pretty fast reaction....... you can say "they could have used it on line"... but the problem is the part would have been SHIPPED somewhere and now they have THAT location...  i would think you have to use the  CARD in person LOCALLY if your trying to cover up ??   Sure would not want to give YOUR location if you had a fake card ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:33am
Had a joint bank account with my son, got a quarterly statement, empty but for $4.xx. Called them, said this isn’t right. They asked if I was sure my son hadn’t made the withdrawal. Well, he’s 2 years old and 400 miles away, so don’t think so. Got my money back.

Had a “disused” Visa card. Got a bill with a balance on it, called and said “ not mine”, never had to pay a dime.

Get calls every now and then from CC company to make sure something is legit. One time something was caught, and yep, didn’t have to pay.

JS. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:55am
kinda wonder why CC company didn't call as to 'charges being 'different than normal ' ?
13K is a LOT !!

My only CC has 'tap n go ' disabled..have to insert and enter PIN, every time.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

kinda wonder why CC company didn't call as to 'charges being 'different than normal ' ?
13K is a LOT !!

My only CC has 'tap n go ' disabled..have to insert and enter PIN, every time.

Same with mine. Don't need that much "convenience" in my life as not that lazy yet.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 9:29am
how about when you buy online... like at AMAZON... not that i have had ANY PROBLEM with them.. but they do have the Credit Card number.... but i guess they ALWAYS ship to the same address.. MINE.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 9:57am
NOT always same address, granddaughter has an account, ships stuff to her moms place or mine.(she lives here now...)

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 11:27am
Jay, goes back to Clone Phone and diverting those messages, Got them all late afternoon as to Approve Disapprove and were ALREADY Approved.  Already figuring these bills are ours and will demand payment so will.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Jan 2024 at 11:28am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 12:25pm
i would be looking into WHERE the items were shipped... CC company should be doing that. I would not be that eager to pay.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 1:29pm
Are calling up Receipts to see WHAT was bought, and then turning over to FBI Fraud Division, they can assemble upon that as to what gets attempted at sale or end user pickup.  Generally the purchase is something Non Tangible as Gift Cards or Packaged Systems, HOWEVER, in these Criminal Years, the Stores scan a Barcode(Tech at AMEX) that IDs that Card, so if attempted to use Drops BIG Flags.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 3:00pm
'clone phone' ?  so someone has a phone with all your stuff on it ??
THAT is friggin SCARY ! good thing I don't own a cell phone !!!
there is no way I'd be paying on the purchases.
heck simple 'cell tower ping' records will show where the 'clone phone' was used.

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 4:46pm
Hadda call on my answerin machine, Thursday supposedly confirming my purchase of some $999 item.  Just erased it, cause I have no walmart account for them to steal from.  They hit you from the phone banks, too, tryin to get you to call back and give them your info...Angry
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 5:37pm
Our CC company gives us a call if they question a transaction. The card gets replaced if it fraudulent.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 8:39am

Well, Dave,,I'm hoping you got some good news this morning,,!!Clap
While I do know there is not anything that is completely Safe from the crooks of the world you can reduce the damage they are able to do.
 About 10 years ago I got hit for $3,500 on my checking account and my bank and CC were able to stop most of it and after realizing a big chunk was due to internet purchases. The bank suggested I get a "Reloadable Card" and maintain a minimum amount just for internet purchase. The reloadable has no electronic ties to my checking account,,so the most they can access is the minimum "I" have loaded into it whenever the balance gets to that point. There is NO Auto load EVER!!!
  I am ccurrently in DISPUTE with the reloadable card for $59 but not from my checking .
 Hope this may be used by some,,,,Clap
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 11:47am
Got us for $3900 thru Fraudulent Bank accounts added to Venmo and Paypal, found that out this morning in bank account.  BOTH of those are CLOSED OUT, may not ever again use PP.  Venmo is a No Brainer NOT EVER AGAIN.

The ONLY somewhat better news is Chase no longer has those charges on our CC Statement, are In Review per the tech there, cannot access AMEX currently so that will have to wait.  Any and ALL these ID Theft fraud attacks are on our Home Owners Insurance according to our rep.  May be a $1000 deductible but have $25000 coverage.  He has not ever had to file one of these so is new to both of us.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 12:14pm
I have 2 debit cards,1 personal, 1 business, both have low (like $500) limits,,  they both have text alerts, that name the amount and merchant, usually within about 3 minutes. these text alerts have caught some hackers, I had to get a new card, but haven't lost anything ,,,yet.
my 1 CC is with BOA,, yea, I've heard the horror stories about them,, but they have caught a lot of fraudulent charges, get a new card,, but I haven't had to stand any of them bad charges, they have been able to clear them up.
the only pay service I have is PayPal,, and I don't use my phone to order stuff, mostly go to the desktop, or jus call the merchant...
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 12:19pm
Remember what I noted, Phones can be Cloned, the cloner then redirects ALL Information texts and mails to that Clone for a time until they are done with it.  May not receive those warnings until already done.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 12:59pm

Its been working good so far...
I do NO banking online, but that's not to say they'll get to it somehow,,
I guess could jus keep it all in cash buried in coffee cans around the yard😊😎

F'n bastards need to get a real job anyways,,if there's a will there's a way, and them mf's will find a way..

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 22 Jan 2024 at 1:03pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 2:56pm
May be TOO political to say this but gonna.  I have been and REMAIN Vocal Conservative as to Liberal Corruption, seems odd that we get tagged Soon After I made comments as to DT being Witch Hunted on a known Conservative talk Show while Dems get a Walk.  
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 5:42pm
Sure its a bs hollywood movie, but this just popped up on my yt feed, last week:

But a man can still dream, right?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 7:47am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Remember what I noted, Phones can be Cloned, the cloner then redirects ALL Information texts and mails to that Clone for a time until they are done with it.  May not receive those warnings until already done.

I do not use my phone for any internet purchases,,,,Chit,,,,I don't hnow how,,,,!!LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 7:52am
I can't either, oh wait, I don't HAVE a cellphone !!!

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 8:22am
I carry my credit cards in a case that is supposed to keep them from being copied, I have had a credit card company call me and ask if I made a purchase at so & so's also had 1 used in Texas and when I called the card company they told me next bill to only pay what I purchased and they both sent me a new card
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 9:54am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

May be TOO political to say this but gonna.  I have been and REMAIN Vocal Conservative as to Liberal Corruption, seems odd that we get tagged Soon After I made comments as to DT being Witch Hunted on a known Conservative talk Show while Dems get a Walk.  

Had not thought of that angle. But now that you put it out there, I don't dough that you are correct.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 10:08am
Hey jay, how you disable the tap-n-go feature?  Other than a hammer to the chip...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 4:12pm
JC... YOU cant turn it off... You can call the Credit card Company and have them disable it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 4:27pm
When I picked it up at bank, I told them to disable. yup 'funny looks for sure', but they did it.
ANY branch that flogs that credit card ,can disable  it
You 'should' be able to ask online as well. They 'clear a bit in a byte', then next time you use the card, it'll update and be disabled.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic