This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carburetor for WC Puller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:50am
Yeah why you think it a siameese port issue when its a timming issue. Ever checked each cylinder on a stock crank for tining difference. If you have a electronic ignition with reluctor tabs its a simple fix but a points distributor is nearly imposiible to fix without some funky grinding on points.how to large a carb lean up a siameezed issue like you tend to state over and over again in numurous posts. Why is Siameze a issue on three and four and not one and two. Timing. When you richin a carb up its done cause of a plug reading showing to lean. Which plug is it is it all of them is it one timming is set by or is it another cylinder.if it was a siameeze port feeding issue the it would show up on a compression test on a fresh build as variance in cylinder pressure cause a cylinder with more air to compress will show a higher pressure when compressed.

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Feb 2013 at 9:11am
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:14am
Its good to still be needed all the kids from wis with unbelievable little engines that can need instruction.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:53am
Wi pulled his page two post. Why did you.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

No such thing as to large a carbura or or camshaft

You are either
A. Jerking chains
B. A whole lot less knowledgeable than I ever gave you credit for previously,,,,and that wasn't much,,,, believe me.
there is such a thing as two small a cubic inches for a big carb. Or big cam. For instance a cam that makes a 283 non streetable is verry streetable in 400 inches a carb to big for a 283 can be to small for 400 inches.tell me what rpm range 280 degrees of advertise duration runs power rpm range on 4.5 stroke then tell me where it is on 6.5 inches of stroke.heres you one to ponder butch. Ford and chevy both built 302 inch percormance engines and 427 performance engines either could be purchased with one 780 holley or two 780 holleys .

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Feb 2013 at 10:38am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:13am

Wi pulled his page two post. Why did you.

Because I don't have countless hours to alienate you this week.....we know you're an idiot and we don't need to prove the same thing every 2 weeks.

But I do think with those timeing issues you think you have, you need to find someone to index crankshafts properly when grinding. 
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:29am
I think you dont know the difference in timing variance between cylinders and a rich lean fuel condition. Just inexperience covering up one for another.
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:41am
Mitch, if you'd ever been to Wisconsin you'd see that there is no reason to go anywhere else. As far as tractors not pulling anywhere else, where have you been pulling lately? Oh yeah..... Or were you pulling in fantasy land again? Oh sorry, your reality. Where the " ruler is named compression" and some other crap. Y did you ever change that wonderful saying you used to have?
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:52am
Unstylish you made a.comment on yt about a computer timing controlled allis with.individual coil packs. Would you care to tell the forum the thoughts that ma e a dude go through the efforts to do so.
Experience enduring problems and solving in time that others havent had the time to endure yet let alone work out. The reason engines come to us to fix what others cant.

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Feb 2013 at 12:00pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:34pm
Is that going to your slogan when you take something to someone elses machine shop and call it your own? I wanted tohave a tractor with out a distributor. You know why ? It'd be cool. I never did it on an ac. Instead I dud one on an mm hd800 for a guy who ran 4500 rpms with a pair of 4 barrels on it. It was just an expirament . Because we could .As far as computerized timing goes, that project is probably going to happen in a few months. You should be able to figure out the advantages of that, yourself. I'd hope. Did you get your motor that you were so busy assembling done? did you get your "brothers" from Michigan done? You must have to secretive about them, so no on talks them out of pissing their money away on the likes of your ability. Im afraid this is probably all the time I'll have to respond to you this week. Beating you down has become so old lately and my the guy i work for is having open heart wed morning. I still have a lot of moline machine work to complete, including getting ready to finally complete ethans motor .
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:42pm
I know the advantages of timing each cylinder individually. Its obvious your buddies dont. They must think that 10 degrees advance on 1 is 10 on all but thats just not always the case. Inless the reluctor tabs on the electronic pickup have been bent to compensate and that takes having top dead center marked for every cylinxer as well. Most are to lazy to do thate.
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm

Its good to still be needed all the kids from wis with unbelievable little engines that can need instruction.

Can you speak english? I swear a 5 year old can write better sentences, ones that actually make sense too.

Its funny though spank, all the "little" engines that could from Wisconsin can, and win. And continue to win. Nothing of any good seems to roll outta TN

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:09pm
Dont see them out of wis.winning.
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:19pm
If you read statistics the badger is the hardest to compete. I'm not from Wisconsin but I do know Panky will have his ass handed to him if he ever showed. Pankyyouwilllose. Mayb he can read that? Idk
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:26pm
Seams like everyone comes south to pull in the winter but dont recall a wis.tractor winning.
Even though most of us tn boys get dqued so yanks can win.seams like the carpet baggers still want to impose their rules.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:48pm

Seams like everyone comes south to pull in the winter but dont recall a wis.tractor winning.
Even though most of us tn boys get dqued so yanks can win.seams like the carpet baggers still want to impose their rules.

Well it tends to get like -800* up here with 30ft of snow, so its a lil hard to pull tractors. Nothing from WI wins huh? Mine wins, wi50 wins, another one he did work on wins, I've pulled against it, Allis200puller wins with his. Ratitude won in gordyville....
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:03pm
Somebody read the little engj.e that could way to much on them snowed in days.
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 8:37pm
If you can't have too big of a carb, then why didn't all 350 Chevy's come with an 1150 dominator? Hell, why on earth did they ever make so many different sizes of carburetors for so many application over the years? Stupid engineers. They have no idea what they are doing obvioulsy.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:22pm
Lol! Who needs carbs, just throw a garden hose in the manifold and let the gas flow!
Here's a pic that fits are town clown pretty good. Too much inbreedin going on.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by O.P.S. Heads O.P.S. Heads wrote:

If you can't have too big of a carb, then why didn't all 350 Chevy's come with an 1150 dominator? Hell, why on earth did they ever make so many different sizes of carburetors for so many application over the years? Stupid engineers. They have no idea what they are doing obvioulsy.
if you go to the drag strip youll find them there on 350 . you will also find that most of the qjet and carter afb flow in the 900 cfm range but it was vacuum dependent if the engine couldnt pull enough vacuum to open it to 900 cfm then it opened to the cfm needed. Same with a gov its only going to open the carb as needed to maintain engine set rpm . Carb should never be wide open at high idle if i t is its to small . if the fuel paassages have to be enlarged to keep it from being lean its to small.  if i have a no carb rule and i find myself with the jet sizes for a 850 in my 750 holley why not use a 850 .

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Feb 2013 at 10:09am
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 10:27am

if you go to the drag strip youll find them there on 350 . you will also find that most of the qjet and carter afb flow in the 900 cfm range but it was vacuum dependent if the engine couldnt pull enough vacuum to open it to 900 cfm then it opened to the cfm needed. Same with a gov its only going to open the carb as needed to maintain engine set rpm . Carb should never be wide open at high idle if i t is its to small . if the fuel paassages have to be enlarged to keep it from being lean its to small.  if i have a no carb rule and i find myself with the jet sizes for a 850 in my 750 holley why not use a 850 .

What??? None of your ramblings make any sense. Babbling and spewing doesn't make you sound smarter spunky. Haven't you figured this out yet? Post something factual with sources that aren't Wikipedia for a change, really quit spamming the forum with . Stinks like a manure pit around here with all your bull.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 10:34am
what opens the butterfy on a carb for a antique pulling tractor? The govenor. If the carb is large the gov is only going to open carb up enough for engine to run its governed rpm meaning the carb isnt going to flow its full cfm flow . If the gov opens a small carb full open to get high idle then you have no reserve left to maintain high idle. . If that doesnt make sense you probably shouldnt own a engine and still be riding a bicycle.
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 11:19am
Then why is a four barrel a four barrel?? Why not just one big toilet bowl and let the butterfly / slide whatever is used as a metering device control the size of the carb??? Does intake velocity mean anything to you? How about the speed air is moving through a Venturi... Take a lesson on air flow sometime. If you look around Wi gives lots of good advise. Maybe you can get a free lesson.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 12:02pm
Mitch, thats the dumbest Censored statement youve made yet...if you knew ANYTHING about tractors governors or carbs at all...well, we all know that answer...You OBVIOUSLY dont know chit about govs and carbs.  Whick goes back to your story about turning 6000 rpms when your gov broke,..all cock n bull lies.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 1:46pm
unstylish i knew you where still riding a bicycle.  3456 rule
you obviously never set a gov throttle linkage either . cause if you have you know with the engine off throttle pulled wide open you want the carb wide open.

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Feb 2013 at 1:52pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:27pm

If you had ever flowed one instead of reading BS on the internet and then posting it here you would know that Q jets came in two sizes only. The smaller one would flow between 730 and 750 and the best of the larger ones would make 800. I have less time with the AFB but dont remember one over 800. This would be with castings that had to make stock rules at an NHRA meet and at the standard vacuum for 4 barrel carbs or 1 1/2" Ya Spankster, even dumb ole Butch has spent some hours on a flow bench. 
Now, when the magic carb BSers want to fool idiots  into thinking they own some magic wand for carbs they simply flow them at a higher vacuum such as the 3" vacuum that is standard for flowing 2 barrel carbs or pic whatever reading you want, the higher you run the vacuum the more CFMs yo can crow about.  Then add some polish, put it in a bright colored box with Hi-flow written on it and idiots like you line up to buy them.

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:08am
Hey spankey, on page 1 you say you ran a usx21 carb. Then go on to say to run a big carb and trim the fuel. Why do you then say that you can never have a carb to big?

Contradicting isn't it. A usx21 isn't that big of a carb. It's capeable of less than half the airflow of what wi50 was uses on his Allis.

Now I understand that when you can't get much air through a cylinder head, it's pointless to put a big carb on.
SuperM74 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperM74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:41pm
I think i will go with pankey, i will make a inverted manifold and put a 1050 Dominator on it........ LOL!!! I think that should feed the 226 just fine, then have a custom cam ground.... How about 270 duration @ .050, 106 centerline, and 640 lift. That should really do the trick for a 2000 rpm engine.... LOL
You can't make chicken salad, outta chicken sh*t! Proof's in the pudding!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by SuperM74 SuperM74 wrote:

I think i will go with pankey, i will make a inverted manifold and put a 1050 Dominator on it........ LOL!!! I think that should feed the 226 just fine, then have a custom cam ground.... How about 270 duration @ .050, 106 centerline, and 640 lift. That should really do the trick for a 2000 rpm engine.... LOL
i have never figured out why anyone puts big bofes long strokes big duration and little bitty staring carbs .
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by SuperM74 SuperM74 wrote:

i have never figured out why anyone puts big bores long strokes big duration and little bitty staring carbs .
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Hey spankey, on page 1 you say you ran a usx21 carb. Then go on to say to run a big carb and trim the fuel. Why do you then say that you can never have a carb to big?

Contradicting isn't it. A usx21 isn't that big of a carb. It's capeable of less than half the airflow of what wi50 was uses on his Allis.

Now I understand that when you can't get much air through a cylinder head, it's pointless to put a big carb on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic