This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can you ID this tractor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
timthetoolman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you ID this tractor?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:59am
Hello all!  This is my first post here.  A buddy of mine called me about some land that had sold recently to a friend of his that was chock full of older equipment scattered all around the property.  I got to go over with him and rummage around in hopes of finding a deal on a decent tractor.  Long story short, I ended up with this tractor, and hopefully I can get her going.  

I need to get back over to the property where the tractor is now that I know where the serial number is located and get that.  In the meantime I'm wondering if you all can help me ID this tractor.  Rear tires are 18.4-34, fronts are 10.00-16, has a 2900 engine with turbo.  It doesn't appear seized, but I can turn the fan which turns the crank by hand.  I'm a little concerned that it appears not to have compression, but I like projects.  From what I have found online I think it's a 200.

Any idea on where I can get parts and a service manual/parts book for this?

What are the chances of finding a front end loader for this?

This is my first Allis Chalmers, and I can't wait to get her running.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by timthetoolman - 09 Jan 2019 at 10:00am
Sponsored Links

Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
190xt
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:07am
re:
It doesn't appear seized, but I can turn the fan which turns the crank by hand.

I've never met a diesel I could do that to...even my 'ultra low compression' A-C forklift !

no valve stem in front tire, rear is flat and cracked, I bet rubber is $$$$
others who KNOW will reply,just wait  an hr or 2....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:10am
I thought those were gasoline with no turbo?  Did they come with the 2900 as well?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:12am
Yeah, I am with you on that.  Was hoping maybe valves were stuck.  I got it fairly cheap, but I hope I'm not the proud owner of a large boat anchor.  Been looking into tires, hopefully I can find some used.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:12am
That is a 200
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
automaticdave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:02am
I call it a 200 as well !
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:21am
200 look at the oil filters
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:24am
Broken crank, perhaps?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
Ouch a busted crank !!I'd hate to see inside cause that'd do a LOT of damage.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
I hope not! We couldn’t hear any odd sounds when we spun it. The bendix on the starter didn’t seem to be kicking it when we tried to crank it. And it was spinning pretty slow. I suppose I can go take the valve cover off and see what happens when we rotate it before I go get rubber. Any other advice on checking for a broken crank?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 1:39pm
Put tractor into neutral, engage the PTO and manually turn the PTO shaft(say with vice grips or pipewrench) the crankshaft HAS to turn, see if front pulley and fan turn as well.
Odds are good ther'es a HUGE 'mousehouse' or condo in the bellhousing/starter area. My first D-14 was PACKED !

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Put tractor into neutral, engage the PTO and manually turn the PTO shaft(say with vice grips or pipewrench) the crankshaft HAS to turn, see if front pulley and fan turn as well.
Odds are good ther'es a HUGE 'mousehouse' or condo in the bellhousing/starter area. My first D-14 was PACKED !
Won't work if it's a hydraulically actuated PTO.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:06pm
Jay   This tractor has a HYD. PTO .CLUTCH ! Be a bit hard to do that  .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
I could tell the crankshaft was broke on my 220 because I could move the pulley mounted on the front of the crankshaft up and down with the fan belts off. I could probably move it so easily because it was broke right before connecting rod #1. Looks like a good project, I like the canopy on it.

Edited by A-C_220 - 09 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
Looks like it has an upgraded "SI" series one wire Alternator on it. Somebody got rid of the old "DN" series Alternator that was on it. They probably disconnected or done away with the VR to.....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 4:37pm
Welcome to the forum.
Funny thing I'm watching home improvement now
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
yup you have a 200 - and by the looks/sound of it you will have a long time before you need the next project to undertake.... or tighten the lug bolts...
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:55pm
Ok looks like a 200 more pictures please what's the deal with the grill never seen the top look like that. Also what other equipment is laying around in front of the tractor is something snap coupler all so something orange in the background. Ps welcome aboard
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:28pm
I agree it appears to be a 200 or what's left of one anyway. Hope you didn't pay any more than scrap price. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:50pm
200 for the black gauge hood. I'll take the weight bracket and bolts. The canopy is a good little find. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:09am
190 gas was 265 CID
190XT gas was 301 CID
190 diesel was 301 CID
190XT diesel also 301 CID with turbo added
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
200 really just the last incarnation of the 190XT before the 7000 series came out
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:14am
Dual filters are a good indicator that you at least have a 200 engine-no 190 had dual filters from the factory. Serial # is the only true way to tell what the tractor is.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:27am
I almost think I can make out the #200 on the hood decal.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:21am
hyd pto clutch.... dang fancy NEW tractor stuff......Wink
what'll they think of next ??

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:40am
If you can get that tractor whipped into shape, you'll have a dandy tractor there. I hope it pans out to be mechanically sound for you and only needs cosmetics. Darrel
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timthetoolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:58pm
Well, I stopped by and got the serial.  It's 200 8877.  Making it a 200, and also from 1974.  Thinking I could fix just about anything that could be wrong, and with the advice of a couple other guys that seemed to think it could be operational fairly cheap outside of rubber, I paid $1500 for it.  I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but it wasn't far from scrap price.  Obviously the weight range for a 195 - 220 is pretty big, and I wasn't sure what model it was. 

Based on the input here, assuming the crank is broke I went in search of a crank in case that is the issue.  No luck so far, but I haven't dedicated a ton of time to it.  

I suppose I could pull of the valve cover and turn it by hand to see what moves, or doesn't. I could also get the starter working and try to turn it over.  That should tell the tale.

Any advice on where to source parts?  

And just for fun what are your guesses on how much it will cost to get it back running?  Maybe best case / worst case?  This ought to be interesting.  The guy I got it from may let me walk away from it and I'd like to know if that's a good idea or not.  If the parts are out there and semi-reasonable, then I'm down for a challenge if I'm ultimately ahead money on it.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:10pm
OK, I have zero knowledge about the 200 but...$1500 for any nonrunning tractor is a tad steep. You already KNOW there's 'something wrong' with the engine. Sadly you could dump another 1500 into getting it to run and THEN find out tranny's shot, hydraulics leak, rad's toast.brakes ? aw who NEEDS the ??... yup a REAL moneypit. The guys here with 200s (and similar ones) are your best source of information. Have to ask, what will it be used for? Do you need the HP and size ?? Up here 1500 gets you an OK running tractor,maybe with an implement or two.
I'd just hate to see you toss a LOT of money into it and not be happy.

Jay

A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
A lot of parts on the 200 interchange with the 190XT, and there are a lot of them out there as well as 200s so finding parts shouldn't be too big a deal. I think you paid a good price as long as the engine and rear end is good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic