This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can anybody ID this ,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can anybody ID this ,,,,,,
    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:17pm

A guy offered this relic at an almost sale price,,,, He tells me it is a Ford 9N but it looks way too long to be a 9,,,,??? if original paint,,might it be an Allis,,,,??

Chit,,can't get the other pics to post ,,too big for this site,,,,lemme try something,,,,,

Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:21pm

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:26pm
sure looks like a small FORD.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:35pm
9n photos

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:36pm
9N/2N will have 3 speed trannys, Left brake next to clutch on left side
someone's 'bodged ' the hydraulics..
no front end picture s??
9N made from 39 to 41, 2N 42-47, 8N 1948-52...
now Fergusons looked a lot similar(some parts interchange)

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:42pm

Chit for some reason I cannot seem to be able to resize the side pics that makes me think it not a ford,,,,I'll keep trying
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:48pm
Looks like a Ford. Does it have a Sherman 2 speed installed? That would make it longer. I wouldn't bother to haul a 9N/2N home if I had to work with it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:49pm
looks like a hundred series row crop to me (700/900), look at the axles under the edges of the fenders, looks like drop box axles, and the lift arms have the holes for the lift rods for cultivators and the mounts for the lift arms under it have the drop brackets too
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:57pm

WELL CHIT,,,!! I used to use "Paint" to resize all my images and was fairly easy to do but something has changed with their program cause the "resize" feature dioes not even show up any more,,,,
 Guess I'ma gonna have to look for another program to use.,,,??
 Hubert,,,I have no idea what the sherman trans is,,but it must have one as the side view shows the tractor to be quite a bit longer that a regular 9 or an 8.... and it also has the narrow dual front wheels,,,,,and the wheels are not those BIG wheels like most 9's and 8's have
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:03pm
good catch Joe.... seems like you know all the small details !
knkrein1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knkrein1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:10pm
I would say that it is a Ford 960.  The first picture the transmition shifter is for the 5 speed.
Ken R.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 1:18am
looks like the fenders have been chopped to fit?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 5:08am
IIRR, dorfs have s/n stamped on the tranny, right on top , behind starter.  Look it up, and it'll tell you what tha stamped hunk of steel came from...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 5:10am
Hubert, one of our neighbors had a Golden Jubilee with the Sherman multi-range transmission. He told his wife one morning that he was heading out to get a corn chopper. It was 60 miles away... as he walked out the door at 7:30, he told the wife to have the noon dinner waiting when he got home. Said he pulled the throttle down drove it all the way up there and bought the chopper and came blasting home with it and came in the door just in time for dinner. Said he had hung onto his hat both ways, and his eyes were watering some of the time and he got some wind burn... Wife said he didn't get just some wind burn, he got lots of wind burn, could see it despite of his dark skin... and his eyes were wind burnt too.  Then ol' Henry admitted that his eyes felt like they had sand in them for several days after that ride. And if he ever took a ride like that again, he would tie his hat down and put some goggles on.   4 1/2 hour, 120 mile run... divided by 4 means that little ford was running over 30 miles an hour.  LOL   He had a Ford 961 diesel as his big tractor.   

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 8:42am
DJ...
heres' what I've used for years..

I've found resizing pictures to 'VGA ( 640 x 480)' works very well.
Jay

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 8:53am
careful now Hubert.  The Sherman dropped right in the ole ford.  You split it, take the little driveshaft between the motor and trans out and the Sherman fit right in there.  At least that is the way mine is.  Confused

Oh and Joe, it ain't no N.

Edited by Dave H - 15 Mar 2021 at 9:35am
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 9:16am
Ford 5 speed. Had an 851 Ford. Will be same one 900 series 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

DJ...
heres' what I've used for years..

I've found resizing pictures to 'VGA ( 640 x 480)' works very well.
Jay

Hey Thanks Jay,,,,checked it out,,which should I use,,,
1. Irfan View-64 English (version 4.7, Self Extraction EXE file, 3.56 MB 
2. Irfan View 64 English (Version 4.57 ZIP file, 3.10 MB

Do I really need any of the plug-ins?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 12:54pm
i have not seen a version of Paint Brush where you can not resize the photos. Did you down load something new or change ??  Maybe there is a GLITCH and shutting down and reboot would bring back the PAINT functions ?  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm
Dj, I'm running  a 32biit version 4.44, so I suggest the 4.7 version, it should 'selfextract' and install itself.

Jay

Dale (Stonelick) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale (Stonelick) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 2:55pm
Desertjoe:

I had same problem with Paint Brush.  My old computer with Windows 7 had Paint Brush as a default program in which you can resize photos.  My new computer with Windows 10 has Paint 3D which does not resize photos.

Have discovered I am able to open the old Paint Brush app in Windows 10.  Click on the "search" button (magnifying glass) in lower left next to "start" button and type in "paint", which brings up "Paint App".  Click on that and it will bring up the old Paint Brush application which has the photo resize function.
1951 CA - 1944 C - 1949 B - Kubota M6800
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 3:22pm
That's a whole lot better then a 9N or even an 8N,  Overhead valve engine, 5 speed, live hydraulics, maybe two stage clutch for semi live PTO.  In good shape worth $3,000 or more.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Dale (Stonelick) Dale (Stonelick) wrote:

Desertjoe:

I had same problem with Paint Brush.  My old computer with Windows 7 had Paint Brush as a default program in which you can resize photos.  My new computer with Windows 10 has Paint 3D which does not resize photos.

Have discovered I am able to open the old Paint Brush app in Windows 10.  Click on the "search" button (magnifying glass) in lower left next to "start" button and type in "paint", which brings up "Paint App".  Click on that and it will bring up the old Paint Brush application which has the photo resize function.

Dale, now you are driving me nuts! I cannot find a 'search' icon (magnifying glass) anywhere on my Win10 'puter! No doubt, it is here, but the Neanderthal cannot find it. No biggie, had no need for it anyhow, but when you mentioned it, I thought I would try looking for it
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 4:15pm
Lou, i dont know about Win10, but in Win7, down at the bottom left corner of the screen is a circle with a 4 colored squares in it.. When you hover over it, it says START.. If you click on it you get a list of all the programs on the computer... and at the BOTTOM is a SEARCH BOX.. that you can type in to "find" a lost program.
1947WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 4:32pm
Looks like a Ford Jubile
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm

Well  CHIT,,,Folks,,I know the minute I figure how to make this friggin computer resize the frikkin pic,,,ya'll will ID the tractor sure enough,,,!!! It is the only'ist pic that shows the full side view that indicates how much longer it is than a regular 8 or a 9. I'll keep tryin.....!!!
 Hey Dale,,Yes I tried your suggestion as well. I have always used Windows PAINT to resize and has always worked for me EXCEPT NOW,,,,The little box where you click to "RESIZE" has mysteriously disappeared,,,,???
 I also tried ole Steve's idea to shutdown and restart but no dice either!!  I got on MS website to try that but MS says that latest version of Win10, which I do have has PAINT and PHOTO apps that will do it but it ain't doing CHIT,,,!!!!
 I'm gettin sorta pizzed,,,,,,that I can't find my Magic Wand,,,,,
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Lou, i dont know about Win10, but in Win7, down at the bottom left corner of the screen is a circle with a 4 colored squares in it.. When you hover over it, it says START.. If you click on it you get a list of all the programs on the computer... and at the BOTTOM is a SEARCH BOX.. that you can type in to "find" a lost program.
I know what you are talking about, but, that box is a no show on my win10 'puter. same box i used to access DOS from.....but not anymore I guess.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Dale (Stonelick) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale (Stonelick) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 9:48pm
desertjoe:

Since you don't have the "search" button next to the "start" button, you might still be on Windows 7.  Try to open a fresh "paint brush" application as Steve described using the "start" button - maybe the one you're using is a little corrupted.

Paint Brush application should have three tabs top left:  File, Home and View.  The resize feature (the two intersecting square icons) is under the Home tab.

If this doesn't work, you might want to re-boot the computer and try again.
1951 CA - 1944 C - 1949 B - Kubota M6800
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 2:45am

Well,,I've tried just bout everything,,rebotted several times,,,finally used my super secret phone number for Microsoft tech support and talked to a sweet soundin girl last nite and she had me use PAINT 3D as it had a better resizing feature than the old Paint,,,,,????
 She led me thru a couple of attempts and she finally threw up her hands as well and started a "ticket" for the next UP level of techs to call me back and try some more,,,,
What I'm gonna do now,,,is a dump and restart from scratch cause something has got corrupted ,,,,,
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:53pm
"something has got corrupted"

You weren't on one of those sites with the pretty girls were ya? Wink LOL 

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic