This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caffeine free???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caffeine free???
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:51pm
I was caffeine free this week, till I had a cup o coffee in church today. For 3 days in a row I was almost pain free. That hasn't happened for over 20+ years. I am sorta hurting tonight. Guess I'll have to start drinking more H20 or wine.   
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:17pm
yep....that plain ole water is good for you! so is a shared bottle of wine about once a week! oh...we had sum honey wine once....I don't recommend it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:18pm
oh....and caffine coffee will make your pee stink too!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:13am
What is hurting Tom? 
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 5:02pm
Coffee will sooner or later cause stomach problems.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 5:07pm
way back granddad swore off coffee and only drank POSTUM - unsure if they even make that any more - 
 Kind of wonder if I should cut the coffee as the acid indigestion at night and or the antacid chews used regularly along with ranitidine tablets daily just to keep the acid reflux under control is getting old   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 6:39pm
Coke , I feel your pain..
I have a 'hiatal hernia'(sp) it's the one that stops stomach stuff from coming back into easpogus(sp).... as long as you can burb...no operatin BUT..reduce intake of coffee, chocolate,caffein soda pops, greasy foods,butter.....and NOTHING 2-3 hrs before bed ! Yeah, just hand me my 22 I say ! Antacid meds are bad for the body but they instantly reduce the pain NOT the problem. Once my hernia went down (took 5 weeks) then I could have my choclate chip cookies again. coffee.... 4 scoops per 12 cup of water. NOT strong but NO pain so I can have 1/2 pot and no troubles. Almost got used to being like a cow, cept now I know why they have 5 or 6 stomachs !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:35pm
T bone my back is so bad, top to bottom, I had to give up my tire shop, job that I really loved. Took a job sitting behind a desk working credit for a local car dealership. Back Dr says we gotta open you up top to bottom to fix it. I don't have a headache tonight, something unusual for me. Been riding around the state all day looking at motor homes, drank a tall iced T from Casey's today. Middle of back is hurting tonight. Shameless you are right about the smell. If I drink 1 bottle of Mountain Dew, then go to Dr office and leave a sample, the gals are alarmed. It stinks.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:32pm
did you find a class A?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:43pm
I drink ALOT of water. if I want something to break up the monotony i'll add one of them sugar free flavored tube of something to it. I do enjoy a diet 7-up once and awhile. I've even cut off the pure leaf tea I used to drink.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:20am
I worked with a fellow for awhile that had to have his coffee really bad... he got to the point of having a coffee cup in his hand almost constantly. I mentioned to him one day that he had to lay off his coffee... or it would start causin him some troubles... then one day he walked in to the plant and says, "Boys, I was just to the doctor yesterday because of some stomach problems and one of the questions he asked me was how many cups of coffee I had a day and I said 20-30 cups... he said 2-3 cups isn't to many... and I said to him no I said 20 to 30 cups a day... and he told me I had to stomach drinking coffee because at that rate I would literally be killing myself... And here I thought I finally had a job where I could hold the torch in one hand and the coffee cup in the other,  What a sad day this is today" and he hung his head in in a sad looking way. The only reason I had said anything to him several weeks before was because you could smell an acrid odor when you got within 5 feet of him... or down wind. WHEW...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:51am
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

T bone my back is so bad, top to bottom, I had to give up my tire shop, job that I really loved. Took a job sitting behind a desk working credit for a local car dealership. Back Dr says we gotta open you up top to bottom to fix it. I don't have a headache tonight, something unusual for me. Been riding around the state all day looking at motor homes, drank a tall iced T from Casey's today. Middle of back is hurting tonight. Shameless you are right about the smell. If I drink 1 bottle of Mountain Dew, then go to Dr office and leave a sample, the gals are alarmed. It stinks.

Sorry you hurt so bad, that sucks.  I was curious as to what "mechanism" the caffeine is using to cause pain.  Interesting stuff how different chemicals at different levels in different bodies do different thing.  Caffeine cause your pain (in some way it seems), and yet they put caffeine in Excedrin so that it works better / faster!  The reflux and stomach problems and such the others have mentioned I was familiar with, so the pain I was curious.  Your back sounds like my Dad's.  I wouldn't say he drinks a lot of coffee, but he drinks some....probably 4 cups in the morning?

Eons ago, I worked a summer job where there was an ol' boy there who was DOWN TO 5 POTS A DAY!!!!  They said it used to be 8 or 9 and the Dr. told him he had to cut back.  Good grief, to listen to him talk was like listening to an excited auctioneer constantly.  Spastic, hyper, ornery, moody, ......Years later I ran into him, he would have been 70 something at that point, so I don't know how much he reduced his coffee or how he made it this far, but he was still kicking.  He seemed a whole lot calmer.

I should find an alternative.  I have reflux too.  I drink about 4 or 5 fairly large cups a day.  Thing is, it doesn't even keep me awake all that well anymore, so?
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:59am
We Humans are all addicts to some substance ! 
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:00am
My mother drank Postum and  she lived to 103.  I can`t stand to be in the same room with Postum,  but I very seldom drink coffee.   There are a couple of products that beat Postum in my book,  Cafex and Roma.   They are, like Postum, a roasted grain beverage.  Available in health food stores.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:51pm
Ya -- Shameless picked up the class A tonight, just got home. Winnebago something or other. 33 or 36' can't remember which, 454 motor. Motor gots 28000 miles on it.   It will run circles around this V10 ferd that is 1/3 shorter. Stops better, rides better, had 1/2 tank of gas when I got to the local gas station. Old gal was gonna fill her up. She put in $75.00 and only raised the gauge up to 3/4 tank. Wondering if people put full coverage insurance on them. Guy I bought it from said it cost him $400.00 per year for insurance and $400.00 per year for plates. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Must a got a couple million bugs on that darn big ol windshield tonight. ,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic