This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Oil Bath Filter Element

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Oil Bath Filter Element
    Posted: 31 May 2024 at 12:18pm
Can someone clarify where this oil bath element is installed?  I can't recall ever seeing an element in the oil bath pot.  There is a mesh in the upper housing, but doesn't seem to be removable.  Haven't found any online pics/illustrations.

1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

dkattau View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkattau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 2:56pm
You have to unsolder the bottom disk in the air cleaner housing and restuff it with the new element.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by dkattau dkattau wrote:

You have to unsolder the bottom disk in the air cleaner housing and restuff it with the new element.

Thanks.  I was actually thinking that the top cap should have some sort of mesh material in it but every one I look at online seems to be empty.  I'll look more closely, but I think the existing mesh is still in pretty good shape so I'll leave it alone for now.
1952 CA13092
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 8:51pm
you can soak it in diesel fuel or laundry soap and flush / blow out with air and see what comes out.. connect a garden hose to the top and blow backward and see what volumn comes out the inlet... that will give you a good idea of what air flow you can get.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

you can soak it in diesel fuel or laundry soap and flush / blow out with air and see what comes out.. connect a garden hose to the top and blow backward and see what volumn comes out the inlet... that will give you a good idea of what air flow you can get.

It's been fully degreased/cleaned/sand blasted and painted.  Just trying to decide if I've got all of the parts for it.  It looks nice and clean and in good shape.  I thought maybe the breather cap should have some mesh in it too though.
1952 CA13092
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by dfwallis dfwallis wrote:

Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

It's been fully degreased/cleaned/sand blasted and painted.  Just trying to decide if I've got all of the parts for it.  It looks nice and clean and in good shape.  I thought maybe the breather cap should have some mesh in it too though.

I just cleaned and put new oil in mine tonight. My cap has nothing in it either.

Glad you posted this though, because I bought all new packing and couldn't figure out how to get it in there.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2024 at 9:26am
Caps have nothing in them.  Their only function is to prevent water from getting into the air cleaner assembly.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 5:27am

I believe most 'Oil Fill Breather Caps' (Eg. Engine and Hydraulic ) on the other hand do have a metal filter mesh in them to prevent any contaminants from getting in to the Oil System.

G
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

I believe most 'Oil Fill Breather Caps' (Eg. Engine and Hydraulic ) on the other hand do have a metal filter mesh in them to prevent any contaminants from getting in to the Oil System.

G

Yes, I have a new one of those.  I couldn't find the old one anywhere.  I had to paint it the correct color though, it came in black :(
1952 CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic