This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA hydraulic question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPBUSHMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA hydraulic question
    Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 9:21am
I recently put together a nice CA out of two. I will say that a a lifelong JD man, I am really impressed with the power and utility of this little Allis CA. As a new forum member, I dont see where I can post pics yet. 

I have a 3pt conversion on the tractor. I have added an Allis loader and am trying to determine the most direct circuit to independently provide for the use of the 3pt and the loader. I do have a nice 3-way selector valve. I have researched the heck out of this on the various forums and have yet to find a schematic or good technical description of the CA pump flow. I see a recent thread basically asking this same question but didn't want to contaminate that thread. 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:08pm
the problem is the OLDER ALLIS tractors run 3200 psi and LOW FLOW... as compared to others that are LOWER PRESSURE and MORE FLOW... you probably will not be happy using the factory pump / valve for the loader.. Too much pressure for those cylinders and too slow travel. ... if you want to run a TEST, just chain the 3 point up and take the hose and run to your loader lift cylinders.. See what the travel speed is... Most would add a pump up front, or on the side of the tractor, belt driven off the crank or generator pulley...

also the tractor does not have LIVE HYDRAULICS... push in the clutch and the pump stops-- no lift.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:15pm
here is one idea...double pulley on alternator..

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 Jul 2023 at 7:16pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:16pm
Steve said it best !
My 51 CA had GREAT hydraulics, after I rebuilt the pump which took 2.5 EXTRA hours cause I HAD to find the 'check ball' that launched itself into close orbit and landed on the mottlely gray floor of the garage......
Agree 100%, install a front mounted pump system. several on here have ( B and CA very similar.... )
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:21pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:39pm
a few months ago there was a guy that built a front bumper with an oil tank attached, then set a 12v snow plow electric motor/ pump on the tank and plumbed it in...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic