This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA hand clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA hand clutch
    Posted: 15 Dec 2023 at 8:20pm
Does anyone offer the CA hand clutch lining kit other than Agco?  Part #70225610
Sponsored Links

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2023 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Lynn Marshall Lynn Marshall wrote:

Does anyone offer the CA hand clutch lining kit other than Agco?  Part #70225610

I've not been able to find it anywhere else.  I got mine from AGCO just a few weeks ago (liner and rivets).  It was suggested that it's best to get them while you can.  May not be stocked much longer (possibly a scare tactic but who knows).  I considered getting a spare, but didn't really feel like spending it at the time.  Haven't decided whether to tackle it myself or not next May.  Not really looking forward to it :(  There's still a former local AGCO dealer that works on them (where I got the parts).

Edit:  Rivet 70911131

Edited by dfwallis - 15 Dec 2023 at 8:50pm
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 4:41am

There is a Link in the Forums 'Farm Equipment Knowledge Base' section page 2 regarding CA Hand Clutch repair.

G

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNmvFVC1Hc3h0hiNz2BbJBRNy6f1Cmoz_diCBsIxEZMMvioKVnnqpFMzoIQRvzDsQ?key=cW9ra3hqWnFLU1ZBTWpiMWhMU0RyYld5ZTZvTDN3
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 9:24am
Gary, yes, I have looked over that section to refresh my memory on the hand clutch. It's been a long time since I've had one apart.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 9:54am
At least with AGCO it should be the right OD, ID and thickness! When relined with the right stuff it should be .500-.505 on the thickness...anything thinner won't work...

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

At least with AGCO it should be the right OD, ID and thickness! When relined with the right stuff it should be .500-.505 on the thickness...anything thinner won't work...

So if it wears to .499 the clutch stops working?  
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 1:37am
There's more to it than that! What I'm saying is that the thickness should be at around .500-.505 when NEW!!! You just don't reline them and say...okay, it's good now! Were the plates machined when the job was done the last time? If so...were the plates checked for thickness and what was taken off, compensated for? Before you spout off...make sure you know what the heck you're talking about...so...what's the thickness now? When it was rebuilt, did they compensate for what was taken off the cover when they rebuilt the clutch unit? I feel like I'm talking to people that just don't care...prove me wrong...sorry...had a bad day!!!

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

There's more to it than that! What I'm saying is that the thickness should be at around .500-.505 when NEW!!! You just don't reline them and say...okay, it's good now! Were the plates machined when the job was done the last time? If so...were the plates checked for thickness and what was taken off, compensated for? Before you spout off...make sure you know what the heck you're talking about...so...what's the thickness now? When it was rebuilt, did they compensate for what was taken off the cover when they rebuilt the clutch unit? I feel like I'm talking to people that just don't care...prove me wrong...sorry...had a bad day!!!

I'm sorry, I wasn't intending to sound rude, it just wasn't quite clear to me what you meant.  Of course it is preferrable to get material of the correct makeup and dimensions/thickness.  There are methods to apply limited compensation for some situations however as you allude to. 
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 12:43pm
My sincere apologies DF...I DID have a bad day and found out some things I didn't really need, but I shouldn't have spoken to you like that...thanks for understanding, Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic