This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C2 combine for seed wheat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C2 combine for seed wheat
    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:11pm
I have semi retired my C2 and was thinking about turning it into a seed wheat combine. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for Mods to help me get the cleanest sample possible out of it.

In the shed- 7020,7060, L2 X (2), CII, WD X (2), 200, 210, 611H, 440, Fiat Allis 345B
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:31pm
I would imagine using a lower screen made for wheat seed would be the absolute first thing you'd want.
WD in Australia View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:01pm
Scour Kleen if it doesn't have one to get any small seeds out.
WD(NF), WD45(WF), WD45D(WF), XT190D(WF), Model U, Gleaner C, All Crop 60, Rotobaler
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 9:13am
Gleaner’s conventional combines already do a great job. In addition to other replies, try harvesting seed wheat when it’s carrying some grain moisture (~15-20%). Then slowly air dry it. No dryer heat is best. Low heat(<105*F) if it requires any additional drying.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:28pm
I always set mine as I went,----screens are the hardest to fine tune. Guess you could put in a regular wheat bottom screen, but I never did---just set the adjustable one right and go! Might need to watch the fan and not blow too hard----had to set mine down from beans to keep from blowing wheat out the back.
sometimes I wish I had my c2 back---loved that old thing.
Neighbor used my e this year and cut a couple patches of wheat and a small field of rye. I never seen the finished product but he said it was good.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
GM Guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:34pm
Dont really need anything past factory equipment, they did an excellent job if dialed in.  you might end up with a Petersen adjustable air foil if you think there is improvement to be had.
Gleaner: the properly engineered and built combine.

If you need parts for your Gleaner, we are parting out A's through L2's, so we may be able to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic