This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Busy morning,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Busy morning,
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:00am
Nephew set me up with two HF wall cabinets for my spray cans to organize some.  Got one up last night second one this morning then set to burning the trash from them.
Lo and Behold a Coyote is playing out in my pasture.  Go inside slip out with the .243, one DEAD Coyote.  Used post in Foreground to steady against, vulture bait.

200 yds+/-

Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:17pm
Nice cabinets 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:30pm
YEP..... and the cats and chickens will be happy also !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 3:38pm
Good shot D
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 4:45pm

Good shot,,,!! looks like you got him right in the boiler ,,,,,Clap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm
How much did the cabinets cost you?
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:14pm
$160 with tax for both, 'Some assembly required' and ARE a handful to assemble.  Worked great on Tin wall siding as the offset in hanger brackets was perfect fit.  To hang on flat wall will need a back spacer or to set screws inside compartments.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:18pm
Thanks DJ, was the biggest and bravest Yote have seen in some time.  They generally run the creek edge just below the house and inside the brush line at dusk yapping and yipping making wife's skin crawl, may be quiet here for awhile now.

Had to be cautious on the shot, the leaning post I steadied on is basically pointing to where it lays, there is a house up and to the left from there back thru the tree line.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:58pm
Dave...that's the same cabinets i have up in my cook shack, have 3 up and 2 more to go. they are holding food and other stuff, they are good strong cabinets, and like you said, they are kinda a pain to put together! i didn't use the bolts they send with, i use little quarter inch bolts and they put a stronger bond on the cabinets. i also found out that you leave out the washers on the hinges, if you don't put them in, the doors will stay closed without having to lock them each time. each cabinet i put up has 3 different lock keys, they are not all keyed the same. i wish they were just a couple inches deeper, but they do fine and hold lots of stuff! the state game and parks people have contacted me, they wanna go ona coyote hunting/eradication journey on my farm! i told them to get out there and DO IT! with us living so close to town, the things are going in and killing the towns people pets and stalking people now. the fellow that hunts deer on our property said he was walking back to his truck one morning after the sun came up and 3 of them started to surround him in the field. they are not afraid and they seem to be very well fed. they are doing their deeds in daytime hours instead of darkness, and been hanging around the new grade school down the road from me. that appliance you have in the wall below your new cabinet...is that heat and air? 110V or 220V?  
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:20am
Hey dude, I did use the hardware supplied, should service well enough as is for what I am doing with them.  And Yes, that is a PTAC(Hotel type system) Heat Pump supplied by the HVAC Contractor that put service in our home, suffices well for the 18x30 tools area workshop side, 220VAC.  

Have pretty well decided should it fail will add a Air to Air Wood burner outdoors thru the same hole and a Conventional LP Furnace/AC system to replace it.  Cost is prohibitive to replace with like/kind due to environmental changes.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:24pm
Dave, that was a good shot! One less varmint to contend with. And I like the cabinets too. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:30am
I like my little M77 Ruger 243, light, minimal recoil, at 200yds only 4" drop if zero at 100yds.  Cabinets are already FULL, going back after a Third unit to sit to the left of the one in the large bay side.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:08am
Nice cabinets and an even NICER shot Dave.
I wonder if and when they'll have a bounty on yotes again?  DAMN DNR putting them back and also wolves.  Just cause of the cry babies in the big cities who want everything to go back to natural habitat like it was 200 years ago.  Heck, if you want wolves and yotes, we'll ship em to ya and you can raise em in Times Square or Hollyweird.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Areas around ST Louis are seeing larger packs of Yotes, the neighborhoods with small pets note the pets numbers decline rapidly when the Yotes first arrive, cats, small dogs then the rabbit and squirrel as well ground dependent birds start to disappear.  Then the yotes move on.

Funniest memory for me is when lived in Warrenton, Furthest SW Corner of City Limits, heavy wood lot to our West and neighbor HAD two Pomeranians, Key Word HAD.  Would turn them loose to do their business in OTHER yards then one fine morning turned them loose and as I watch, a Barred Owl comes off a tree, sweeps in and GRAB, YIPE One down and gone to the woods.  Explained that to neighbor's hubby, got called a bald faced liar.  So left them be, few weeks later, guy and his daughter walking the Other one, NO LEASH, got too close to the woods and here it came again Swoops in Grab and Off to the woods all the while the Guy and the little girl are screaming and running.  Never found the two dogs and I got a apology.

Critters really like tender well fed nourishing Human Loved Food Stocks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic