This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broke a record here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broke a record here!
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:25pm
THANKS to "someone", we broke a record for that PRETTY stuff today here in the 'Burg, (Pittsburgh).  Got 7.1" for the record for this date, so far.  They were calling for 1-3 then 2-4 for the day! It stopped snowing here about 20 minutes ago, I hope for good!!

Sponsored Links

ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:39pm
I think "someone" is mighty proud of them self these days.I'm just hoping they get it out of their system soon..lol...LOL Definitely ready for the WARM spring weather.

Edited by ac45dave - 21 Mar 2018 at 6:35pm
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:02pm
This morning they were saying 5-8 here for Friday. Now I see it's up to 8-12. Not liking what is coming!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
you blame shameless or global warming ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:21pm
Shameless gets the blame for the 7" of pretty that he sent us.  Global warming gets the blame for the super warm temps we are getting here, like 2 days ago when I get up at 5:30 AM and the thermometer showed 16, and then a couple hours later I was outside and froze my duppa off.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

This morning they were saying 5-8 here for Friday. Now I see it's up to 8-12. Not liking what is coming!

Whoa, there Pal. You live way too close to me to be talking that way. Maybe the big lake will draw it all up that way. Darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:16am
I knew ya'll would be proud of me!
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:25am
Ended up with 8.6" for  the day!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:09am
time for this white stuff to disappear for the year - ENOUGH - just needs some nice lite rains now a few days between to make what is on the ground go away . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I knew ya'll would be proud of me!

I knew you could  do it but S L O W  it down just a little I need it soak on down. 5.75 in 36  hours is a little faster than it is soaking in. An your "friend" Al G is playing with your thermostat as it is 60 so no "pretty" just mud.

Don'tCry orAngry you know us farmer type is N E V E R happy even being hung with a new rope ClapSmileTongueWink.

You even got the dry river in town a running today and there be a homeless holding on to a  tree and his dog. So have a little thought for the dog and slow it down.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:59am
I just got a winter storm warning come across my phone, says that we could get up to 12 inches of snow tomorrow. Guess we gotta take what we get. Can't change it. Make for a little more optimism when putting the crop in, as there'll be a little more moisture. Darrel
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:01pm
Ray, he'll never hang you with a new rope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it's green, just make it green with envy.  Then you can slide for now.
I agree, according to the weather man, it doesn't look good for you out there.  Now they're worrying about mud slides.....cause of the fires taking all the growth away.  Well if all them tree huggers would stop anad think, I know, a HUGE thing to ask of them idjits...if they'd MANAGE the trees, they wouldn't have those bad a fires.
Tooooo much to ask for people to use  the brain that God gave them instead of yammering the crap they are taught now a days.

Hope the rain lets up and you are safe and sound!  I'll be praying for ya!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:36pm
For the sake of your moister I hope you get the 12" Darrel just hope it isn't wind and not wet and take down the power lines
Tom
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:02am
The problem is those hills are so steep you can hardly climb them, much less cut brush.
My county and the one just north of me are the only ones in Colorado without a drought listing, 90% of average moisture, southwest Colo only @ 53%, send some of that wet east to us Ray.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:11pm
We got 13.5" that day 
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic