This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

boosr on my d21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boosr on my d21
    Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 2:40pm
Smile i am pulling a stock block and crank 426 with a 450 roosamaster ,lasered injectors and 3lm turbo at 3000 rpms. runs around 45 lbs boost. i run in 8mph class. any suggestions
Sponsored Links

O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 3:06pm
I'm not sure what you want to do, but If you are looking to change something for the better, put a different turbo on it. The old 3LM is a good turbo, but by today's standard's is not very efficient. Do you have a turbo limit, pump limit, RPM limit, what weight class, etc.
timmypuller View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 3:33am
looking for more power. read about better flowing exhaust manifold from crank machine in illinois. anyone know of these? any other exhaust alternatives? prefer to keep cast style exhaust if possible. also what turbos would be better without getting to much more cost? also what would top speed in 5th gear at 3000 rpms with 20.8 x38 tires be? hooked 12 times last year and never went over 7.9 mph. got dqed last nite because we supposedly broke 8.6 speed limit in same gear. haven't changed anything so suspect maybe screwed by sled owner who pulls jd 4010 in same class.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 8:22am
Exhaust manifold change (at this point in your build) would be a waste of $$$$$. Many better turbo's available, but what are your turbo rules ??? nothing ???   5th gear at 3000 rpm with 20.8 x 38 would be 8.5 to 9 mph depending on your tire diameter. Is there no way to know what your speed actually is ?? Some sleds blow a horn when you exceed the max speed and you just throttle back until the horn goes away.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 2:37pm

no real limits on turbo but most are running what i have but they run different associations. i just run this one i would like to stay around a 2.30-2.50 intake
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 7:22pm
I'm big fan of the Holset turbo's so a nice one in that size range would be an HX40 with a 60mm compressor inlet. One of those will noticeably out perform a 3LM.
Smokey Joe View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 6:41pm
Remove your manifold and weld in a divider flange, run a twin scroll turbo like the hx40 and yes the difference is quickly noticed. I have this setup on my 426 and it will grunt out at low rpm's and take off. The lugging power is a huge difference!!!
210,220,7010 AC,7020 AC,7040 AC,7045 Pedal Tractor, 8050& 8070 and Parts and Pieces of Many More!!!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 8:40pm
thinking of having a header made for it. center section of manifold starting to look a little rough from heat.whole exhaust manifold turns cherry red from one end to the other when they run an open gate and we pull somewhere between 340 and 360 ft.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 7:06am
Hey Tim ,Got to thinkin more about this and i dont think you would want more boost, if the C rods arent hardened more boost would likely bend one :Bob from Ill bent one in a 301 running around the same setup

Edited by DougG - 27 Jul 2013 at 8:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic