This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

black friday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: black friday
    Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:39am
is coming soon....Joe...better sell that ferd, might get a nuff to buy a case of oil on sale?
Sponsored Links

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:19am
Will you be going to wally world in the am?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:53am
 Well Good Mornin,,,Shameless,,,,,funny you should ask,,but as a fact of the matter,,,I gots a fellar coming today to check out and test drive the,,,,,,,,,the,,,,,,Nissan Frontier,,,,yes,,he wants the Nissan instead of thet danged old Ford,,,who'd a known,,???Wink
 AND,,,I do happen to be on my way at 3:45 AM to Walmart as I broke the whatchamacallit on the coffee maker,,,PFFFTTtttttt,,,sob just flat slipped outa my hand while fillin it with water and,,,,and,,,I GOTTA HAVE MY COFFEE,,,else I be a regular terror to anybody within a block or so,,,,,,,wisht ole McDonalds was open this early,,I love their coffee,,,!!!

SAY,,,, Lets start a poll to see which coffee is the best ,,,,not necessarily the most frugelist (ahem) but the best value/taste. I did ask the girl at McDonalds what brand of coffee they used but she gave me the runaround and said she could NOT tell me,,,,ain't that the chits,,???
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 6:33am
My morning wake up beverage is a big tall shot of half cappuccino/half coffee. I am thinking about reducing it to straight coffee, because the cappuccino part of it could possibly be the reason that my diet plan is working backwards. But,...that's still in the "thinking about it" stage.
And you must have had your coffee before you posted, Joe, because the way ole shamers gouged you about your ford, and you didn't even bristle up, or poke back, your coffee must have already mellowed you out. Truthfully, you should have barked back a little, because that's what he wants. And he didn't get it, so he's liable to take the poking stick to the next level now. Darrel
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 7:44am
I am figgering asking which coffee is the best is about the same as asking which oil is the best... you are going to get a lot of different answers

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:59am
 When I'm on a "Quickie" trip to town,I stop at either McDonalds or Burger King (drive ups) and McDonalds is the best by a few blocks,,,them AH's just will not tell me what brand they use. PFFFTTttttt,,,,, Right now I'm usin Folgers Morning Blend and is just passable, I  tried Maryland Club last week and ,,,,and,,,,,no more of thet chit,,,,,and I ain't goin for thet hi priced chit at $4.50 a dang cup,,them millenials is drinkin,,,THAT may be the reason they is votin with them liberals,,,,,,,AW Chit,,, there I go again,,,,I'm outa here,,,,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:07am
 Yeah,,Darrel I know it,,,I was kinda mellowed out bout then so I let him slide,,,,,THIS TIME,,,,'sides,,,I'm tryin to butter him up for something else comin up,,,,,,,WinkWink
 Darrel,,,YES,,,thet Cappucino has gots a whole LOTS of them calories,,,,especially if you gettin thet $4.50 cup of cappo at them dang millanial coffee shops,,,,,,,,LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 21 Nov 2018 at 9:10am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:15am
McD's coffee is pretty good.  Tim Horton's even better in my book.  For home brew, I use Maxwell house French roast usually, but the wife buys it and I brew whatever she buys and don't complain. Smile
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:26am
I think I'd rather have a certain appendage removed with a pair of garden shears than deal with the pushy crowds that day. Cyber Monday works a bunch better for me.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:14am
JOE, I make my own Cappuccino blend for a lot less than that. Call me old fashioned, but I boil some water in the teapot on the stove top, then when the whistle blows, I make up my brew in my big ole coffee mug. Darrel
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:16pm
Went to a Black Friday sale many years ago. I learned my lesson, never again. No deal is worth that kind and amount of abuse. Internet shopping is way better and safer too. I can usually find as good if not better deals. A lot of times the shipping is free, and I also pay the use tax at the end of the year. I haven't tried Cyber Monday sales, I guess I'm gun shy.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:31pm
I mostly use Folgers Black Silk, brew it on the strong setting. The Folgers single serving in bags like tea bags in a canteen cup of boiling water is not bad when you are away from civilization. Don't drink that high priced chit that the millenial coffee shops sells. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 5:33pm
OH come on guys... Go to Starbucks and ask for the $7. stuff with Daisy Flakes and FU-FU water.... might make you walk a little funny after that !! LOL
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 6:09pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 6:15pm
Folgers Columbian or black silk. Used to like the red can Wal-Mart kind but they changed it. We have the most piss poor managed McDonalds on earth and their coffee isn’t good like other McDonalds. I can’t figure why?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

When I'm on a "Quickie" trip to town,I stop at either McDonalds or Burger King (drive ups) and McDonalds is the best by a few blocks,,,them AH's just will not tell me what brand they use. PFFFTTttttt,,,,, Right now I'm usin Folgers Morning Blend and is just passable, I  tried Maryland Club last week and ,,,,and,,,,,no more of thet chit,,,,,and I ain't goin for thet hi priced chit at $4.50 a dang cup,,them millenials is drinkin,,,THAT may be the reason they is votin with them liberals,,,,,,,AW Chit,,, there I go again,,,,I'm outa here,,,,,Wink

If its real MD club, its $4 in taxes, and $.50 worth of coffee...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 21 Nov 2018 at 6:34pm
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 7:58pm
Community Dark roast is the best down here. Don't know what local McD's use, but it's always bitter.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:23pm
Maxwell House either Columbiaa or Breakfast Blend
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:28pm
I don't drink coffee, just never liked it.  But my wife's grandmother was a different story though, she lived most of her life in and around Arcadia, La. she was at our house on a Christmas morning some years ago for breakfast, my wife gave her a cup of coffee, not in a mug but just what we always called a tea cup, not a lot of coffee, so strong it was jet black, so Nanny pulled from her apron a jar of instant coffee and proceeded to add 2 heaping spoons of instant in her cup stirred it a couple of times and drank it.  She was what I would consider a real coffee drinker.   Tim
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:52pm
We got a a couple of twins that make coffee at church on Sunday AM. Far better than any fast food or cornvienence store cuppa. My 96 year old mom will make some tomorrow that will be good. When we have kids here Sunday there won't be a pot made here. Old gal never made a pot in her life. When we bought a building in 1986 and made it into a tire shop, one of the first things we got was a 30 cup maker. We'd make make a full pot at 7:00 am and by 4:00 it'd be gone. Eddie, my partner, and I drank a lot, It was a hoot. We sold a lot of tires etc but we had a whole lot of fun.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 21 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:11am
 Well,,,Thanks Guys,,,I got me a pretty good list to try,,,a quart size can at a time,,,,I likes to experiment anyway,,,,,Clap
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 5:34am
I am gonna stick with the plain ole Folgers out of the plastic container.

however on Black Friday I will be surfing the net for a new microwave.  Danged if mine did not shoot craps yesterday.  Every time I turn it on it blows the 20 amp breaker, and I did put a new breaker in with the same results.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

OH come on guys... Go to Starbucks and ask for the $7. stuff with Daisy Flakes and FU-FU water.... might make you walk a little funny after that !! LOL

They have some yummy looking stuff on the billboard outside, as my wife treats here mother to a cup of the high sugar stuff when she visits her as the dementia has taken most of her tastes away. She was a big coffee drinker when she was secretary for the Highway Patrol, so one little pleasure we can do for her.  But since it looks like 2 bitesWink at a big price we never tried any of there food.   
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
I really don't like strong coffee, it's usually (well used to be) Folgers in the red plastic can now. think it's the "original" blend. we grind all our coffee at home now. it's SOOOOO much better, and it don't take as much grounds to make a pot like the other stuff does. I do like cowboy coffee, but it takes awhile to brew that. one gas station has better coffee than the others, i'll try to find out what they have. and Joe...i'd take a Nissan over a ferd any ole day! that guy is smarter than you thunks! used to go into town at midnight to meet up with a bunch of guys for coffee, now we meet about 0430 AM each morning! we is gonna go into the farm store at 0600 AM for their black Friday sales. it's 20% off there for an hour. need sum bolts, cable, chain, and a few tarps. maybe i'll finds a new jacket too.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 8:56pm
We drove by the local best buy today about 4pm and the line was half way around the building waiting for the does to open. Also heard from a friend there were people fighting over a pioneer woman cooking set at Walmart this afternoon
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:12pm
 I went ONE TIME,,,and,,that be the only'ist time I ever get myself into that kind for mean-ness. We wanted a new flat screen TV for the back bedroom , when we thought ole Shameless was gonna come visit,,,,,,,,,Wink,,so,,,ONLY for Shameless would I done that,,,but I did,,,!!! After waitin for 1 1/2 hour in the freezin cold,,, they finally let us in and it was friggin amazin,,,,I mean I seen people that had always been in wheel chairs runnin,,I MEAN RUNNIN,,towards the back of the store,,,SO,,I chucked my cane and hauled azz after the group,,,,,LOL Wouldn't you know it,,they only had 4 of the TVs on the sale,,,,,,and,,, one friggin woman had 3 of them in her cart already,,!! I'm lookin around for a walmart person,,,I AM PISSED,,!!!finally go to the manager's office and she finally comes out after I start taking the screws out of the hinges,,,,,,,THEN she tells me there is no limit on any of the stuff on sale. I told her I knew Shameless from Blair, Ne,,,,she bats her eyes at me and asks,,,,Who,,??? CHIT,,,I left ,,,and I ain't never goin to another black anything,,,!!!!Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm
LMAO!!!! well...it was the thought that counted!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:46pm
o-k...went to wally world today (was outta ice cream) and I dropped the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife off at the front door and I pulled out and parked and sat watching people! this one dude drives up to the front of the store ina dodge Dakota pickup. newer one with 4 doors and a short box. then a wally world employee shows up to his pickup with a 65 inch flatscreen ina box. the dude puts it in the pickup box and keeps slamming the tailgate against it to close it. someone comes running up to him and grabs the TV box and places it catywampus wise in the box then closes the tailgate for him! I thought that was nice of that guy to do that! then the dude in the pickup just drives off, he doesn't tie it down! I just shake my head...bet he don't make it home with his new TV without it blowing out of the truck box! the first semi he meets will suck that baby right out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic