This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to handle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to handle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Posted: 08 Jun 2024 at 10:49am
misdirected email and/or text messages?
Received a text this morning, obviously not for me or anyone in my family, I presume the communication was from/to a couple that ‘very friendly’ with each other.
How do guys handle this situation?
Ignore, and delete it?
Send a response ‘please check your number/address’?
Or really lay on a thick story with some lurid details that Marilyn Chambers would be queasy?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2024 at 11:32am
delete, maybe block the sender
decades ago, when landlines  were made of copper.... I got a call friday night ,some guy(George ) looking for his girlfriend( my number was close to the bar she probably worked at...) Anyway, after being polite 4-5 times( sorry ,you're dialing wrong number...),get yet another call..
sigh...
so I said, sorry ,looks like she just left  will Bill or Tom won't be back til Monday.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2024 at 6:49pm
Need to be careful. I've received misdirected texts which obviously were meant for a relative.  I did reply about the mistake and was thanked for it.  E-mails-99% spam and warrant no further action.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2024 at 10:35pm
I reply "I think you have the wrong #"....have been thanked...this is text. Easy to transpose a digit. Emails get trashed. You can't accidently type that out.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 09 Jun 2024 at 10:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic