This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

be careful where you go...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: be careful where you go...
    Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:49pm
where theirs lots of people. a deputy friend of mine just died yesterday from some type of flu. he was at home, started with a headache, then he couldn't breath very well, a squad was called, he died after arriving at the hospital. he was a 27 year veteran of our Sheriff's Dept and a K-9 Officer. his dog is still with the family. i'm sure it'll be retired now. RIP Dave!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and a good K9 officer. Hope the department will retire his partner so he/she can stay with the family. Prayers sent for his family.  There is some nasty stuff out there and the flu shot is not that effective. Everybody is encouraged to get a flu shot but I think that is just to make more money for Big Pharma.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:00pm
ya, I had a 'polite' discussion with doc last visit. he said get flu shot, I said why, not very effective. he well, in some cases it is. I just looked at him, and said in some cases it makes people sick and in some cases it kills people. I am by no means an anti-vaccine dude, but the flu shots have not proved themselves with me
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:58am
Starting with headache, that sounds like bacterial meningitis. Pretty rare but can kill you in less than 18 hrs. Influenza isn't going to kill you especially that quickly unless there were underlying conditions.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:02am
   Hey Shameless,,,Sorry to hear bout your Friend,,,May PEACE be with his family.

Every time I go to any store that gots shopping carts,,I make sure thay also gots some of those disinfectant wipes for the handles,,,,and if thay don't have some wipes,,,I politely mention to the mgr that I just cannot shop in his store unless we can disinfect the cart handles,,,that usually produces some wipes pretty quick,,,,and if it don't,,I leave the cart there and go elsewhere,,,,
  I'm thinkin everybody notices any more,,,there are so many "strangers" in our towns  we've never seen around and you gotta wonder if they gots any meanness on their hands,,,so I'm takin the safe side,,,,,,,,Clap
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:22am
I am just getting over a rough bout with the flu. It started last Sunday with chills. Was laying in bed with four heavy blankets on, the thermostat turned up, and was shivering. Then pretty soon all the blankets were off and I was sweating like a wiener pig. Couldn't eat or drink. Was off work Monday and Tuesday. Worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, but darn sure wasn't 100 percent. I got a flu shot last fall, and I am pretty confident that if I hadn't gotten it, I would have been sick for a week or two. That's about how long some others have had it hang on for. Being married to a nurse, I am sure some nasty germs come home with her. Darrel
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:39am
I always get the shots.   And I cannot remember the last time I had the flu.
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
I had the flu once. back in 82. Ive never had a flu shot.

But then I stay at home too. don't go out much

Edited by Les Royer - 16 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:54pm
I never had a flu shot either until the last bout in the hospital, I had lost a lot of immunity and needed about anything I could get. as for my buddy that passed, he had been fighting what his wife thought was just a cold for about a week before.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:16pm
Went to the hospital three weeks ago for a heart stint and came home with pneumonia. Don't think it was a real good trade, cause I had to go back the following week for another stint. Starting to feel decent now. Got two brothers laying in the nursing home waiting to die. And here I am and can't get out to go see them. Bummer.   Leon
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:16pm
scary crud coming into this country.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
Leon, I hope you are on the mend and can get to see your brothers.  That is about the worst thing that can happen to a person, not being able to be there....

Shamers, sorry about your buddy.  Are they going to do an autopsy??  I sure as heck would 'request' one if I was next of kin!!

I 'HAD TO' git a flu shot every year as a Firefighter/Paramedic.  EVERY year I had a bout of the flu.  Since I've been retired (2002) I haven't had the flu or even a cold.

ANY time the gubermint says you 'should/HAVE to' do something, I'M NOT doing it!!  KMA anymore,,,,,,,you gonna draft me again?  Fire me?  Pfffftt!!

Shameless, prayers go out to the family from WI..
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:20pm
Again Leon, my condolences.  Did you ever get to see them before they passed?
I sure hope so!  Such a sad thing.  Another part of this is that none of us is getting any younger.
So if you CAN'T go see your relatives, ESPECIALLY your Mother or Father, CALL...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic