This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bale loaders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bale loaders
    Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 3:21pm
Awhile back there was a discussion on here about bale loaders. I posted a pic of one of mine & somebody stated it to be a meyers bale loader. the snow is dropping so I ventured out today & found a name on it. It says JACOBY AUTO CO   LENA ILL. on it does anybody know anything about these?
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 3:38pm
   I wonder what the Door? at the top is for ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 3:57pm
We had one just like that when I was a kid. The door was adjustable to shoot straight out the back or set a lot of spring tension to pop out the side like if you were [pulling it with a corner bumper hitch alongside a 2 ton truck. Loaded a lot of bales with one of those in those 1/2 mile long fields! (I see you are a Ramblin Man)
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:11pm
I have one just like it and I spent many an hour loading rotobales with one. Ours hooked to the wagon tongue and pulled along side the wagon. You could only turn left with the setup or you would foul the left front wagon tire with the loader hitch, that was a bad thing!
Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:59pm
It is indeed a "Meyer" loader. The name of the company should be under the top platform. We still use ours. The only downside is that you need to turn the bales lengthwise for ease in pickup. I know that some will say that you can turn them with the guide bars of the loader but that is only partially true. In any event, after the bale has laid out for a day or two (advised because a fresh bale will "sweat"). they will draw moisture from the ground and need an hour or so in the sun to dry this off.

We made a wide drawbar that fits the 3 point hitch (something like the old Ford-ferguson wide drawbars). We have used them on 3 different tractors and aside from not turning too short, the unit pulls along side the wagon and drops off the bales about chest-high, half-way on the wagon floor.

That machine was the "convincer" to Dad when he proposed to buy a Rotobaler. That and a King-Wyse 42'elevator with an 18' mow extension made a good system for many years.  

regards,
Ken McGregor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic