This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad news Maybe Good news day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad news Maybe Good news day
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
Been seeing a little more 'Cloud' in my injured Left eye of late, have gotten it looked at every year RELIGIOUSLY since that injury to keep it well monitored in case things would change dramatically. Well that happened, opaqueness of the left eye was picking up more light every week during this last summer, became uncomfortable after a few short months, then I had other issues and quit the driving job to return to retiree. Been noticing when the wife and I would ride even with Polarized sunglasses that left eye was clouding out so got a early appointment, today.

Spoke to the Doc, in a darkened room vision still does pretty good enough to pass a DOT exam HOWEVER with lights on all bets were off. He did a thorough exam and as had put eyes in there before knew the cataract has upped the game. I did explain I knew from past history not operable but now that knew was going to hell in that handbasket could resolve myself to that. His response was to set a appointment for a cataract surgeon to review and see if they cannot do a repair/lens replacement as that surgery is well advanced these days. My next appointment Jan 28 2019 to find out.

Thus Bad day/Good day. Still NOT more than just a maybe could be possibly and might if but will know soon enough.

Edited by DMiller - 17 Dec 2018 at 12:43pm
Sponsored Links

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:05pm
My younger brother went years with no lens at all. He wore a special contact lens. This past summer had an artificial  lens put in. Ain't perfect but much better than not. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:12pm
My older Sis had both lenses replaced and it went good and turned out good for her.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:12pm
Medical technology has advanced a lot in the past few years. Things that were once unrepairable can now be repaired. Praying that everything works out good.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:10pm
keep us posted buddy! we're pray'in for it to come out good!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:12pm
Thanks all. Been living with this since 1987. 3/4" cold chisel used to spread a pitman arm for removal spit out at me, met it as was turning going to knock it out with a hammer. Shattered my safety glasses lens, hit me square in the left eye, split my cornea(the BIG elephant caveat) tore my iris up and deflected the lens causing the impact cataract that until this year had remained unchanged, 31 years long. Started with 20/250 vision with glasses on after the repair, that had corrected to 20/80-20/100 any given day recently.

Know what is like to be left eye blind as that fateful day when I threw the glasses frame off and looked around all I could see was white from it, has been uphill and improving since then until now. Really depends on if the surgeon can manipulate around that damaged cornea as they do not 'Heal' but as are collagen do somewhat glue back together and it has to be raised to get to the lens.

I am what my eye doc calls 'A Challenge'.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:14pm
Friend of mine just had lenses replaced in both eyes due to cataracts.  Surgeries were one month apart and went well and now she has chucked the glasses and is back to driving etc.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:45pm
The optometrist said will probably have to have a contact for Right eye if need correction at all, he did note with the cornea damage may still need something for Left eye so may still be wearing glasses just be Both eyes functional for a change. Will know in just over a month IF can do and then IF, When. Probably be healed up for Summer riding season.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:05pm
I had cataract surgery on right eye in Oct. and left eye in Nov. was seeing 20/30 after surgery had to go three weeks before I could get eye checked for glasses drove to Florida and back before eye examine just got glasses today and all is well.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
Good luck with them peepers, dang when you loose 1 its a true pain in the ----. Dad was blind in one eye because he was too stubborn to go to the doc. Catarak got so bad on his other so he could not see. Wolf eye clinic in Des Moines took off the cataract and he was good up until a year before he died. Darned stubborn guy kept driving up till the week before he passed away.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 9:14pm
Praying for ya and hoping for the best.
We should all be more careful with our eyes and ears.  They don't grow new ones,,,,,yet.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:44pm
Praying for ya and hoping for the best.
We should all be more careful with our eyes and ears.  They don't grow new ones,,,,,yet.
Yep and their not replaceable either
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic