This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bacon fryer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bacon fryer
    Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:54pm
I stopped at Walmart the other day and picked up a microwave fryer. Old gal has got it down to a T. About 7 minutes and shes good and crispy. I had BLT's three nights in a row. Got's some fresh tomatoes from pals at the Farmers MKT. Dog gone good stuff. Still got 5 more tomatoes and gotta do moms shopping tomorrow. Will pick up 4 or 5 lbs more bacon then. Sure a lot better than water buffalo and Chinese cabbage on unleavened bread.
Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:14am
That's wrong to place microwaved bacon next to those delicious home grown tomatoes. You gotta fry that bacon in a cast iron skillet to do justice to the tomatoes. I am going to have to come over at supper time and investigate this matter for myself
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:36am
I try to always do my bacon in the smoker, they don't shrivel up like ina pan.
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 6:33am
i put bacon on a cookie sheet (put parchment paper down first to keep pan clean) and put in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes or until your desired doneness.  NO splatter, little shrinkage, no having to turn, and best yet, doesn't require your constant attention.  Strips are flat so they look great.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:57am
 You know,,I like bacon as well as most people do but when I started to have issues with my heart,,that is the FIRST thing my Cardiologist took me off of,,,NOW,,,you read bout how maybe bacon is not as bad as once thought,,!! Fact is,,,,I read where lots of people are eating more bacon now than ever before,,,,WTH,,???
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:56am
that's why I puts it in the smoker, the grease/fat drips off them and off. I always chose the meaty ones
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:33am
I buy the WRIGHT thick cut bacon - lay out a news paper in microwave then paper towel on top of that , add bacon strips - cover with another paper towel - microwave 4 slices for about 3 1/2 minutes - little longer to crisp but move inner strips to outside edges to even out .
 now this AM had bacon - bought a package of end pieces - cut that lump into 3 blocks - freeze 2 keep 1 in frig - use scissors to cut small pieces into hot pan - fry down - add eggs (sometimes onions) and either scramble or fry them 3 eggs .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:50pm
Eggs BAD, then OK, Bacon BAADD! then back to OK, same for Red Meat, White Meat, poultry and so on, just wish they would make up their or MY mind!!

We do a cookie sheet with foil and bake in oven, stays nice and flat, can drain off fat really easy, no messy countertops/stove!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

I buy the WRIGHT thick cut bacon - lay out a news paper in microwave then paper towel on top of that , add bacon strips - cover with another paper towel - microwave 4 slices for about 3 1/2 minutes - little longer to crisp but move inner strips to outside edges to even out .
 now this AM had bacon - bought a package of end pieces - cut that lump into 3 blocks - freeze 2 keep 1 in frig - use scissors to cut small pieces into hot pan - fry down - add eggs (sometimes onions) and either scramble or fry them 3 eggs .  

At last, some good use fer a news paper.  The soy ink, that the annapolis crabwrapper uses, would prolly bleed through, though...Wink
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 6:22pm
My Wonderful dose it like Greg in the oven 1 or 2 pounds at a time. Mostly when I am not around so I don't sample. Then freezes it again and only get out the one or 2 for breakfast. Microwave gets it warmed up nothing flat,and no frying pan to wash for just 2 strips of bacon.

If I cook breakfast I do it like Coke. Bacon in little bitty pieces good and crispy drain and mix it in eggs and scramble. Don't know about that cutting bacon with a scissors. My Wonderful kind works it around that I am to help cut bacon or whatever,cause I won't put up with her dull knifes. Only takes a few passes over a good diamond stone to make her knifes a 100% better.  

Joe how many years you going to eat sawdust,just for a extra 6 months. I am sure it would seem like a 100,to me anyway. But you better not listen to me  doc keeps hollering about how  I need to lose weight. If only doctors knew a 1/4 of what they try to tell us for fact when only guessing. 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:20pm
I bought one of those bacon bonanzas, that has a kind of a rack that holds 12 pieces of bacon at a time in the oven. It has a pan under it to catch the grease. It really makes fantastic bacon, but it takes forever to get done. If the heat is too high, the outer strips of bacon get burnt, and the inner ones don't get done. So you really have to be patient to get it done right.

As far as bacon being bad for you: Yes , if you eat it for breakfast, dinner and supper, seven days I am sure it would have some adverse affects. But so would tofu if you ate that much of it. My motto: Everything in moderation, nothing in excess. Darrel
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:51pm
I don't care how its fixed, I like it. Probably gonna have it again tonight. Yep I've fried it in cast iron, baked it, etc. I can't tell muck difference between the microwave and anything else. This cooker thingabob holds the bacon up outta the grease, old gal covers it with a paper towel and puts the lid on it. Push the button and your good to go. I have never been to Bacon Fest in Des Moines but I'm hoping to get there this year. Everything is made outta bacon.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:23pm
Got 2 of those Bacon Waves. They do 14 slices each. Takes about a minute per slice. It holds em up out of the grease that drips off when microwaving. You can Stack them, but I find it is easier to see and control the doneness doing them 1 tray at a time. Now I'm gonna have to break out some BACON, LETTUCE, and TOMATO'S for diner tomorrow.  Pig
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 1:14am
Coke....I buy the same "wright" brand thick Applewood smoked. that's been sum good bacon. so far, ain't got no boar meat from them.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 9:30am
Yep that Wright becan is some of the best I have found - 
Their package or ends and pieces are kind of the scrap cuts and are sold in a lump of pieces kind of pressed together - great for mixing in with eggs or other things where bacon is crumbled . Cutting it with a scissors when cold (right out of frig) then cooking works best . Wally World  sells the bulk pack ends , buy the 2 pack of Wright bacon at Sam's Club - here they have 3 different smoke styles 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 11:39pm
We put our bacon on heavy foil on the trager BBQ.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm
A while back  my better half brought home an air fryer. I just might have to see how it does bacon
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
we have an air fryer too....just need to put stuff in it that don't make a mess. clean up on them things suck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic