This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B
    Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 5:52pm
Can I use a 12 volt battery in this B the generator is junk has a Mag and no lights
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:09pm
YES... the starter will run off 12 v... Use the generator as a belt tightener only.. no wires connected to it.... Charge the battery once a month or as needed with plug in charger.

The MAG runs by itself, no power needed.. you need a KILL switch  ( probably already have that) to stop the motor.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:10pm
If you want to add a charge system, i would recommend an alternator with internal voltage regulator.. You will need to add a couple wires to do that.. We can post drawings if you interested.
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:32pm
Thanks not going to put generator on it
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:38pm
If your tractor is tuned up good and starts within a few revolutions of the engine... You should be able to start the engine up 20 times ( guess) before you need a recharge.

Edited by steve(ill) - 15 Nov 2023 at 6:38pm
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:57pm
Well next is to find a 12 volt battery small enough to fit in battery box this will be next Spring
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 7:37pm
I think the battery i use is a #26... about 1 inch shorter in length than the battery box. I keep a small piece of plywood on the + end to keep a little extra clearance between the battery and box.......... I think it is 550 CCA or so.. Dont take much on this small engine.. I just get an auto battery from Wal Mart... Normally lasts 5-6 years.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 10:22pm
napa battery no 7586 is the same size as your 6 volt  it fits in the box nice
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:17am
One of my "parade queen" tractors (WD) has a generator that hasn't worked in years, I charge the tractors every couple of months. I only use the tractor for parades and hay rides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic