This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B10 pulley question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry8961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B10 pulley question
    Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:05pm
I recently bought a B10 that came with the mower deck and the snow blower attachment. Unfortunately it didn't come with the belts for either and I'm also missing the front pulley that mounts to the gear box on the motor and one of the small pulleys on the snowblower. Could someone help and tell me the sizes I need for the front pulley and belts? Also if someone has a picture of how the pulleys and belt run for the snow blower that would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:35pm
Could you post pictures of what you have 
Huckleberry8961 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry8961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 4:07pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry8961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 4:12pm
From what I can tell the pulley on the blower that I'm missing is the idler pulley. Hopefully sometime this week after work I can get it cleaned off and drug into the garage
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 5:45pm

I believe there are 2 idler pulleys just in front of the axle.

The 2 pulleys change the path of the belt by 90'.

G
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 5:52pm
Something is not right with engine. It shouldn’t be sticking that far through grill. It sits behind grill with just tip of crank shaft sticking through 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry8961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 6:23pm
It's a Briggs and Stratton motor that's on it. The front grill assembly doesn't have any bolts truly holding it on and besides the gas tank and seat that's pretty much how I picked it up. Picked it up for $300 knowing it hadn't been ran in a few years but the motor still turned over. What the previous owners did or didn't do is hard to say.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry8961 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 6:26pm
I believe you're right Gary and I should have specified that it's the right pulley as you're sitting on the tractor that is missing from the blower. Wish I had gotten it put into the garage before we got the 14" of snow this afternoon.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 6:54pm
There’s another post named few pics of my collection with picture of b10 with snow thrower. You can see how it looks. That’s a newer blower then yours but same idea. Can see the grill and front pulley
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 7:10pm

I was thinking of my HB-112 when I spoke of the 2 idler pulleys.

I found now that the earlier B-10 has a different set-up, referred to here as the 3 belt system.

Zippos Video at time 2:30 he explains the 3 belt drive system.

G

Seems I forgot the Link. Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tp0YvQ03Dw

G

Edited by Gary - 21 Dec 2022 at 7:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic