This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B adjustable arch front axle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B adjustable arch front axle
    Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 12:52am
Was there such an animal, seems like I saw a picture of one once but can't be sure, is my mind playing tricks again?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Sponsored Links

OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 1:46am

Were you thinking of something like this ?
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 7:33am
They had that type early and ten later offered a square beam of the type seen on a CA.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
Ed in TX View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 8:00am
Here's one.

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 9:39am
John. You got it right
    The 39 B in my barn has the Arched Adjustable. It has been set to its narrowest setting so long it won't adjust anymore. The parts books show them in two Arched Adjustable versions. 43" - 48" tread  and the RARE 50" - 60".  I only know of one belonging to a forum member.
    Arched Adjustables were dropped in favor of the adjustable tall spindle straight axle also in 2 width versions in 1940 and after. The wider one became available in 1942
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:43pm
Hi Ken,  Well I now own a 1939 B SN22532 and if I could ever figure out how to transfer a picture from my Kodak "UNeasy share" camera to here, I'd post a picture.  It was advertised as a '37 but the picture clearly showed an overhead valve engine.  I missed getting it when it was first listed on CL, and only 20 miles away but it was relisted on CL for 200 bucks higher.  I ended up getting it for $350 but had to drive 100 miles.  The interesting part is the adjustable arch front end.  In looking at the lengths of the adjustable axles, I'm sure they have been added on to as they are about 15" long but I can see what looks like welding and grinding on one and the other has been cut with a torch.  The tractor sat out for 20 years and the engine is stuck.  Gas tank looks like it was beaten on with a sledge hammer and they missed the tank a couple times and hit the hood.  A project to be sure!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic