This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auction results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auction results
    Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 6:37pm
Allis 5050 2 wd beaten within an inch of its life 1050. One eighty diesel but clearly the belle of the ball 4800.
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 6:46pm
I’m imagining that the 5050 might of had a loader on it? So the One-Eighty followed you home?
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 7:08am
The 5050 did not have a loader or a grill on it. I accidentally bid a 1000 waving at a friend. That was close! Last sale had a 6060 that was also ridden hard and put away wet sell for 4200. Did not buy the one eighty but did buy a wd45 with factory power steering , rebuilt engine and clutch and a wide front end for 3800 from the guy i was waving at. That was a good deal i thought, even if i have to go to western Pennsylvania to get it. I am getting too old to work plowed ground eithout power steering.

The bad deal of the day was two elo tickets at Madison Square garden. The days of 50 dollar concert tickets are over. But it was my wife's favorite band and their retirement tour so the kid and i will go.

Anybody want to milk for me?
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 8:07am
Close is right! I dont even scratch my nose if watching an item sell. Bidder assistants will take any "signal"
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 10:37am
[QUOTE=plummerscarin]Close is right! I dont even scratch my nose if watching an item sell. Bidder assistants will take any "signal"[/QUOTE
  And some with no signal.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 8:48am
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

The bad deal of the day was two elo tickets at Madison Square garden. The days of 50 dollar concert tickets are over. But it was my wife's favorite band and their retirement tour so the kid and i will go.

So true. Internet says that an average rock concert ticket price in 1981 was $13…. Many a high school students saved up their lunch $ (55 cents/lunch) over the course of weeks to go see ELO.
Hope you have a great concert!
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

The 5050 did not have a loader or a grill on it. I accidentally bid a 1000 waving at a friend. That was close! Last sale had a 6060 that was also ridden hard and put away wet sell for 4200. Did not buy the one eighty but did buy a wd45 with factory power steering , rebuilt engine and clutch and a wide front end for 3800 from the guy i was waving at. That was a good deal i thought, even if i have to go to western Pennsylvania to get it. I am getting too old to work plowed ground eithout power steering.

You bought a $3800 WD and passed on a $4200 6060?   What???   Growing up on a D17 and now owning 5 6000 series I really question your judgement.   My 5 6080’s together rack up 1200 -1600 hours the 17 doesn’t get an hour a year.  And the solution to working plowed ground is to let tress grow up in the plow.   We cover roughly 1300 acres and haven’t hooked up our plow in over 10 years and yields are improving.  

Edited by victoryallis - 24 Mar 2024 at 9:19am
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 10:15am
dr p $3800 is exactly what I paid for Sam and only $1500 for his sister, then of course I had Trucking to upstate New York from Illinois Indiana border. That’s why I bought both 45s to save on Trucking. Lol. I actually put all new belts and all new hoses for the power steering units on both and I’ll tell you they steer incredibly easy with one finger. You will be very satisfied!

Edited by captaindana - 24 Mar 2024 at 10:23am
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 10:20am

And after rotator cuff surgery yes they both have factory power steering
                          Dana
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 4:30pm
Ahh victory, i need to find you a picture of that 6060. I would not have wished that tractor on my worst enemy.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 7:54pm
Rotator cuff surgery? How is scott boras going to get you that monster pitching contract?!? Lol
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 8:21pm
One of the 6080’s I got wouldn’t win any beauty contests.  It had 6060 rims and tires, grill shroud was cracked, and missing a hood panel.   Oh I forgot the cobbled together roll bar.  Brakes didn’t work nor did PTO and seller advertised it was making oil.  

In the end it will run an auger or pull the square baler the same as my nice ones. 

Edited by victoryallis - 25 Mar 2024 at 9:07am
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 5:12am
dr P I am like ou…when I see a whipped Allis that has been treated as you described I also turn and walk away in disgust!
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic