This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armrest Hardware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armrest Hardware
    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:02pm
Anybody have pictures of the armrest hardware used in the 9 11 15?
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:23pm
Do you mean the nuts inside the armrest?  If so, they are a "pronged tee nut" 3/8-16 x 7/16" available from building supply stores.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:15pm
Thanks for the info, but I was looking for pictures of the goodies that lock the armrest to the battery box, the rear clips and the split tongue that goes over the bolt in the front. The armrests I bought years ago were not correct at all, the wood is rotting but the fabric is still very good, so I pulled the staples and removed the old wood and figured while I had it down I would put the correct hardware, the armrests like to try and get away on the steep hillsidesSmile
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:36am
Right, sorry- I was thinking the later models.  I have built what you are talking about too, years ago.  Here's what I did:
-Cut a piece of 16 guage steel the same size as the armrest plywood- drill holes in it to attach it to the plywood. (If you're starting from scratch- use the nuts I mentioned, or if the armrest is intact, use screws)
-weld three tabs on the back end, one to fit vertically into the notch in the rear of the battery box, and two horizontally (one on each side) to prevent the cover from popping up.
-weld the forked piece at the front, to slide behind the 1/2" bolt and approximately 1" square block at the front of the box, which is then tightened to lock it all in place.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:47am
Thanks, thats's what I want to do, I was just hoping somebody had a quick picture of the factory hardware.   Tad
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:43am
Tad.....we did some several years ago for some of the restored tractors. These would be the original brackets.
The original had metal with wood...we just went to the plywood.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:15pm
Ok we have a better idea of what your looking for Tad. I just cannot get my brain around doing pictures. Was about to say my cous Rod is close to you now, but I am not sure if he has any HD 9's over your way, because it seem he has been using a D6 out your way.

Mel came through with nice pictures. But the factor arm rests all had a piece of steel with the wood Mel has on top of that. Held together with the special nuts Lazyts was talking about. Mel also did not show the nut used to tighten the front down, not that I have ever found one that had been tight. The nut is a square piece of 1/4 inch about 1.5 x 1.5 with threads taped in the center.

With better plywood Mel's way looks real good to me. Did you put that together your self, I have been doing my own with staples or roofing nails for 40 years. But I always use a lighter color than black. I may not be the brightest, but I only sit on a black one once on a 100 degree day an we get those often in summer.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 2:35pm
Thanks Guys ever so much, Mel, that is just what I needed. I would guess that the stock is 1/4 x 1 1/4, just narrow enough to slide into the notch in the back. 

Whats the matter Ray you don't like solar seat heaters?LOL in the summer time you can always resort to the old standby,  A flake of hay double wrapped in a gunny sack and they are adjustable, want to sit higher grab a thicker flake and you won't sweat against the vinylBig smile works pretty good as long as there are no goat heads in the hayLOL

Mel, no luck on the little guy yet, will keep trying
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 2:55pm
OK.... Here's a couple of pictures of the brackets Ray is talking about
Tad....Yes I keep watching for the post when you get your hands on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic