This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody watch……………

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody watch……………
    Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 11:13pm
‘AgPHD’ on RFD-TV?
If I remember which night it’s on I will watch.
Maybe it’s just me, but at times that show is borderline depressing(at least for me).
It seems like nearly every installment of the show, 85%-90% of the dialogue is promoting the use of chemicals on cropland. Nearly every herbicide, insecticide, or pesticide that is on the market nowadays, is promoted sometime during each program. Every once in a while, mention of crop rotation gets a few seconds, or mechanical cultivation is begrudgingly touched upon.
Am I having a ‘get off my lawn’ moment? Or do my thoughts have merit?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 3:25am
Trued watching that several times and are correct. Seems as a life preserver for chemical companies.

Crop rotations seem to be a aspect of the past except for the little guys. Big farms all across the US throw down anhydrous and corn for a couple years with all manner spray coupes running weekly. Then another couple years will be beans and a year of Red Wheat then slam back into it.

And then the whining as massive harvests drive pricing into the dirt. Or mass floods/droughts and crop losses the insurance barely pays anything on.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 6:19am
They are the owners of Hefty Seed. They also sell chemicals. Some even badged with their name. The company has over 50 locations in 12 states. So yeah, they push the chemicals hard, because that's money in their pockets.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 8:00am
YEP... SOMEBODY is PAYING to have that show on the TV !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic