This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any rear-end rebuild advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any rear-end rebuild advice?
    Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 9:00am
Ok I have to say, it is not a orange lawn mower, but it is is is green.

With that being hard to say, I got this mower, a 135 with a bad rear-end in it. The mower is a 100 series, 135, with low hours, automatic, and 2 years old. AND was FREE!!

I have done some research on it, and know that jd put the wrong lube in from the start, and that is the one issue, as well as the magnets in the trans.

Has anyone rebuilt one, and have any tricks, or know of anything to look for??

It has the tuff-torque k-46 in it.

Thanks for any input!

Dave
Sponsored Links

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 12:09pm
Find a good one! :) Most are junk when you open them up! And parts are higher than complete unit. They made them as throw always!
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 10:25am
Dave

I rebuilt one 3 years ago ,have to ask will it move at all? Mine OK on level, just no power to get up a hill... the problem is JD said make it cheap so fewer magnets and 30 oil in it.
They overheat(wrong oil) ,so some vapours out. Less oil, heats up faster, more oil vapours out! This keeps happening until either the unit self destructs or owner sells it(can't go up hill itis !). If caught early it is repairable.

You can go to TT website and buy a 'kit', has magnets,bracket and ?? else..about $25 USD. They also have a how-to page,'FUN" starts with pull hydro out, remove plug, drain oil out for a day or two, CAREFULLY remove the steel bolts from the aluminum case! 'crack' each one tighter then looser,back and forth...I broke 2 before I got the correct rhythm...once apart, turn pump,and drain more oil, remove any 'particles',clean up with brake cleaner,clean rags, etc.Install kit of magnets and such.Use sillycon gasket goop to put lid back on. NOW, fill unit with SYNTHETIC 20w50(?).TT FAQ says what to use,HAS to be synthetic! Also there's a proper TT way to properly purge air out of the system again THAT is on their website. You can order parts direct from them, I did, unit I did still running. BTW you're supposed to change the oil 50 hrs from first use and every 200 after that ! With NO drain plug(cheap JD) you have to turn tractor upside down !!
So....while apart, you may want to drill/tap/install a plu...easy WHEN it's apart and empty.
PM me for more info, I may have how-to sheets here..

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 5:56pm
make dang sure that the peddals and linkages dont have a clump of grass or a stick caught up in the frame or under some were that will hold the linkage up just a fraction of an inch also make sure the brake linkage is adjusted so the clutch / brake is right some times the brake needs to be backed off and lubed we allways get some every year that cant get on the lift table without be ing pushed mostly its a little peice of wood or hard dirt or a pebble
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 6:30pm
Surplus center sells alot of rearend assemblies for zero turn mowers I wonder if they sell something that would be a good upgrade? I know a buddy of mine bought one of the zero turn units and said it was a good price to just buy the entire thing.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 9:39am
Well I go the rear-end back together and running. Seems to run better, but can't tell for sure yet till I cut grass, to much of the white stuff on the ground for that today!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 12:48pm
Yah Shamelesses machine is 'up and running' again.....2 " overnight, more from Michigan later today.

As long as it runs and you don't have any 'extra' magnets on the bench you're doing GREAT !

jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic