This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Juicetricians on here,,,,,,??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Juicetricians on here,,,,,,??
    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 6:25am

Well,,,I got up this AM and went to use the microwave and there were no lights on it at all,,,,!!!  Checked the breaker box and no breakers had been tripped. Moved the microwave to different outlet in kitchen and lights came on, so I hit the 30 seconds button and it started but went off after bout 10 seconds,,breaker still good
 The microwave is one of the bigger ones at 2.0 Cu Ft and 1200 watts. Our son gave it to us for CHRISTMAS bout two years so it ain't too old a machine,,,,,
 Anybody got any ideas on what to check,,??
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 6:37am
It has 'power' so the main 15 amp ceramic fuse is OK....
I'd try setting the clock on it and see if that works....
 try manually putting in 45 seconds, push 'go' and see what happens....

if it dies, then odds are the magnetron(microwave tube) is pooched. Sadly not worth fixin,cheaper to buy new one.....though you might want to contact a repair guy. he might have similar model...

stop the presses ....ok lighting just struck..... DOOR SWITCH !!!

had one last year.... died few seconds after start... I removed casing( take dish out first...), adjusted door switch (mtg screws were in slots).
Most people aren't friendly to doors.. vibration loosens things...stuff 'fails'....
 hopefully this will be the cure....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 6:42am
Yes, check that tiny little door microswitch.  I had to replace mine a couple years ago, cost a whole $2.00 online.
Maximum use of available resources!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 7:04am
Yep, door switch and safety interlocks are notorious on microwaves. I've taught myself to only close the door after I put food in and leave it open afterwards. The mechanism is only used half as much now and they actually last long enough to burn out the mag, about 4yrs. Now I don't buy the extended warranty.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 7:45am
Need to invest in a Plug in circuit tester, they are inexpensive and generally used by licensed Juicetricians. Better ones Will show bad ground bad neutral or a combination of those. If lights and outlets are going dead then resuming there is a loose connection somewhere that WILL Get hot and could be a fire hazard.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:39am
take the cover off and look where the power comes into near the circuit board... There will be a TEMP CUT OFF (switch) .. or what ever you call it... It looks like a small  hearing aid battery with legs... It screws to the side of the box  and TRIPS OFF when the temp gets to  200 degress or so... Just like on the CLOTHS DRYER... Sometimes when they TRIP they dont reset.. I have replaced the one in our microwave twice.... If you use it to heat water or use as a timer and let the microwave run for 5-10 minutes, that dont help... 2-3 minutes is good for a microwave.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:42am
thermal switch looks like this... you can remove the two wires and connect together and BYPASS the temp switch for a TEST...

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 11:56am

Well,,The Mystery is solved,,By Crackies,,,,,,!!
 Yes, Dave Miller,,as a fact of the matter,,I gots 4 of them circuit testers as the Wife's brother is a juicetrician and he was always giving me one when we go up to visit,,,,Clap

Ole Steve(ILL) knocked it out the park,,,Clap I opened the cover and first thing I see is a fuse but it tested out good with my Fluke meter,,then I notice the High Temp Fuse on the oven and it had got mighty HOT and did not show any continuity,. When I tried to remove the two wires,,,the fuse came apart in my hands,,!! It gots numbers G, KSD201 then 120. Guessin it must blow at 120°. Only'ist one I found on Ebay was 80° celsius so,,thats close enough.
 I did test the circuit by doing like ole Steve calls with a jumper wire bypassing the temp fuse,,,and the microwave works many wonderfuls with the jumper,,,,,Clap CHIT,,,I may pull a Shameless and just heat tape the jumper and call it good,,,,I mean,,,why not,,??
 I hadn't got my Son to fess up what HE did to overheat the oven but on readin up on microwaves,,,,it cautions NOT to boil water in the 1000+ watt machines for longer than 4 minutes as that will cause the thing to overheat and possibly do some real damage,,,,??

MANY THANKS for all ya'll's help,,,OH and I only found ONE vendor in the USA,,all the others are direct shipping from CHINA,,,,CHINA,,??   CHIT,,I don't want them to send me no friggin covid BS,,,,,,WinkWink
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 12:11pm
Things don't seem to be built as well as a few years ago.
We have a dehumidifier that we have had for many years.
Almost 2 years ago we decided that we needed another one. So we bought another one. Less than a year latter it quit. It had a 1 year warranty, so we were given a new one. Now that one quit, and being that it is still under warranty, we are waiting for another one to arrive.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 1:30pm
Well  Joe... i ordered one of them thermal thingies when mine failed.. But it took a week to arrive... Cant do without the microwave for a week........... them jumpers are made for a reason !!

and that 120 is probably degrees Celcius......... or about 250 F.

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Apr 2020 at 1:35pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 3:06pm
got an open electronics scrap yard nearby ??? grab 3-4 'dead' microwaves, tear apart, see if you can salvage a good fuse.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:18pm

Hey Jay,,,I thought bout that very thing as I always try to throw the trash trailer on Saturdays or Mondays as that is when the good salvageable stuff hits the pile,,,,,There wasn't  CHIT there today,,,,,,PHHFffttttt,,,, I've seen some of those youtube videos on how to retrieve Magnets from microwaves as those are susspossed to be some strong magnets,,, ,,,but they must have a special place to dump the microwaves,,,cause I don't remember seeing any in a long time,,if ever,,,,?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:43am
just this AM i turned on one of them little room heaters to take the chill off in the front room, it's one of them infra-red ones, they advertise alot of them as being amish built...but most ain't, they are made in china. and all of a sudden i heard a click, then it quit, then i was smelling wood burning. i got up (and i had just gots comfy in my chair) and the top of the cabinet was real warm, i unplugged it, and carried it out and set it in the front yard, figgered if it was gonna burn, it could out there...and it did! whew! glad i was home when this happened! 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:51am

Dang,,Good Buddy,,,that right there was too close,,,it good you was awake to catch it before it done any damage,,,,,,Clap
 had to pull the plastic off the windows 2  weeks ago and been using the refrigerated A/C s  since then,,It been bout mid 60's to mid 70's,,,,Man,,I could really like it like that forever,,,,sigh,,,but them hot ones is on the way too,,,,,,LOL
 How you gettin along with your legs,,?? I been noticin you ain't posted any new outdoor kitchen recipes,,,,,,,Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 2:04am

You know,,,there is so much discussion on how and what China did  and how - what the congress people are wantin to do against China for the Covid thing    my take is that they best get OUR house in order before they go to gettin too ambitious against them chinese,,,cause they're holding an awful lot of our debt,,,,,,!!
 I do think they DO have to retribute the whole world for all the lost souls, jobs and finances because of their wantin to hide what they done. That fauchi guy and the guy from the WHO are just as guilty.
 As I said previously,,,I'm gettin used to this social distancing out here and only go to town 3X a week when I gots to take the wife to Dialysis and get my list of things on the way home,,,so I'm kinda likin it this way,,,but I don't like the empty shelves,,,chit I heard the other day that you gots to stock up on,,,,,,,,,,on,,,frozen pizza,,,,frozen pizza,,,,,,ain't them people something else,,,??? 
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:01am
What kind of heating device would have wood in it???  Other than a wood stove!!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 11:12am
Maybe there are Amish in China...

Back about 1972 I bought a small microwave at Montgomery Wards, probably cost more then $100 bucks back then but the thing is still working!  I use it almost every day.  It's pretty low power and takes a lot longer then the package of frozen food says but, I can wait a couple minutes.
I bought my folks a bigger fancier one a few years later and it only lasted 5 years.

Edited by JohnColo - 20 Apr 2020 at 11:15am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:24pm
John, I bought one of them about the same time frame and I don't remember if it was a Sears or Monkey Wards, but that thing was BIG!!!  And weighed a ton!!  When I sold the house, it stayed and I got a newer small one, what the heck, all you use em for is reheating stuff anyway.  For me it's mostly coffee.
Anyhow, them ole BIG ones were EXPENSIVE at the time.  I think I paid around $400 for it.  They've sure come down in price now, less than $100, but yeah, they don't last long.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:40pm
Phil...it's an infrared heater encased in a wood cabinet. they last about 2 years mostly before they just quit working, but we've never had one catch fire before. now i won't trust any of them running when we're not home! gonna dismantle one and see what is all inside and how they are made. it quit working last year and it has a real purdy oak cabinet, was gonna make a end table outta it. i guess i could gut it and send it down to ole Joe, he could puts a lamp on top of it and puts it next to his easy chair and then puts all his dirty magazines inside it where they'd be handy for him! (poke,poke) ...oh...and what you say bouts putting an A/C unit in the winders when it's 60 degrees outside? whew!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 9:06am

Well,,,Shameless,,you just go right on and send that thing down here,,,I bet I can fix it or make it into a better thing,,(the magazine idea sounds good, tho)
  That reminds me,,,,several years ago,,our youngest Son got divoriced and neither him or thet female dog wife of his wanted to keep the new mobile home they had bought,, so the bank repo'ed it. I had to go clean it out before bank got it and you would not believe how many DVD's I found over there,,!!  and most of them was pretty dang racy and UMMmmm,,well,,they showed a lot of the things I mostly dream of doing,,,,WinkWink.. I couldn't stand to throw em away,,,I mean most of them still had prices of like $30 each,,!! Them younger generation Millenials is very different ideas,,for sure,,,,,,
 I just remembered,,we gots one of them electric heaters made like a fancy fireplace that our son gave us 3-4 Christmas ago. It wasn't worth a chit as far as heatin a small room and was too big to put in the chitter,,so It is in Living room as a decoration piece
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic