This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any 40under Rod Bearings for B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFooMASTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any 40under Rod Bearings for B
    Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 8:17pm
I have a 38 B. It lost oil pressure and started knocking. My stepdad pulled the engine apart and the crank is out of round more than .030. I bought .030 undersize bearings but they wont be enough by the time we get it ground back to round.

We were going to have the crank spray welded and ground but the place said it is too small of a job for them to even fire the welder up for.

Ive tried finding another crank but haven’t had much luck. Also tried finding a whole other tractor and found a few but they dont want to sell for a cheap enough price for a crank that also may or may not be good.

Looking in the shop manual we have it says bearings come in .0025, .040 .0425 and .045 undersize but I cant find anything online in those sizes. Does anyone have a line on some and would want to partially trade for my .030 undersize bearings.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:05pm
THere are several on this site who could sell you a GOOD crank... LON(MN) is one that should have several cranks.....e-mail below --- or send a PM.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:08pm
KungFooMASTA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFooMASTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:19pm
Thank you Steve. I will look into that.
CA13414 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CA13414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:28pm
Steve, that is an amazing collection that Lon has.  What a great resource.  

Thank you for sharing!!

< id="idg-io-safe-browsing-enabled" ="" oninit="true">

Edited by CA13414 - 15 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 6:39am
I have quite a few used crankshafts here that would fit a B tractor. 1 or 2 might even be fit to use "as is". I also have a bunch of odd size crankshaft bearings, I have to go through all of them to be sure of what's there,  
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
KungFooMASTA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFooMASTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 8:18am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

I have quite a few used crankshafts here that would fit a B tractor. 1 or 2 might even be fit to use "as is". I also have a bunch of odd size crankshaft bearings, I have to go through all of them to be sure of what's there,  

Thank you Paul. I emailed Steve last night and he says he has some that are still at standard size. If what he has wont work I will get in touch with you.

I wish I woulld have thought to ask you all months ago. The tractor is all apart taking up my stepdads shop and its getting nice out where he wants to be oit there working on other things.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 8:29am
That would be LON(MN) who got in touch with out about SEVERAL cranks he has in stock... I just passed along the info..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic