This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Year
    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:15pm
Another year has gotten past us, a weirder than weird year but gone all the more.  To all my friends and those I could consider family here;

A Very Happy New Year, Prosperous and UN-eventful, good health and financial stability to support our bad(and some Good) habits.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
A Happy and Blessed New Year to you and to all the good folks on this Forum. Times may be rough in the coming year but with the Lord's help we will make it through. I don't know what the future hold but I do know WHO holds the future. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm
Was thinking back to when I was in the Navy - Had MID-WATCH 2 years in a row for New Years - remember writing Happy New Year in the log book along with the time of signing the logs in all 3 pump rooms aboard the carrier . 2 JP5 and one Av Gas 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 8:02pm
Happy New Year everyone. And please don't say it has to be better next year, Angrythat only makes higher powers try to make next year even worse. Because there are always more troubles we could have.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 11:08pm
i agree Ray and Hubert! 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 1:55am
Coke, you reminded me of when I was in the Army, Christmas of 1969.  At an air defense site in southern Europe.  Was  helping out on guard duty so a guy could stay in town with his lady.  While walking the fence, I noticed a bird out of the barn in the host country's site next to ours.  Called the CO, who was duty officer that night and told him to look out the window.  I heard him yell WTF and then hung up the phone.  He had a little Sunbeam Alpine sports car.  He jumped in it and screamed up to the gate to the host's site, almost drove into the gate before the guard got it open.  Drove up to the next gate, pulled out his 45 and yelled at the guard to open up or he would blow the lock off after he shot him.  I doubt if the guard understood English but he got the point.  By the time he got to the bird, they were about 5 minutes from launch.  He got things shut down pretty quick and the bird put back to bed.  The bird was about the only thing that got to bed that night.  Found most of the guards and launch crew were at least a couple sheets to the wind.  Someone had the bright idea to launch at midnight so it would go over the major city 5 miles away over the mountain, kind of like the North Star.  By morning there was a new crew on site.  We had to take over guarding both barns the rest of the night before new crews could show up.  Heads rolled over that, so far that is my most interesting Christmas eve.  I'm not saying what country this was in and if someone looked up information on the event, it didn't happen, except for those of use who were there.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 10:01am
In 1969 I was home between basic and AIT then flew to Fort Sam in Texas to see sonw but by 10:00 am it was gone.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

it didn't happen, except for those of use who were there.

John, I understand what your are talking about. "I saw nothing, I heard nothing, I know nothing" to quote Sgt. Shultz. Too many people these days can't keep their mouths shut.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:47am

Yeah,,,there is just so much of that kind of CHIT that the guvment does or hides from the citizens simply because they are trying to "Protect us"!! Kinda like the story I told the other day bout all them airmen that were transferred out of their home base to bases all over the world,,,just because they "saw" something they weren't susspossed to in 1941,,,and it still covered up today,,,,???
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 12:31pm
 It's gertting bad now though, they even believe the lies the tell
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:26pm
I agree with you Dave, HAPPY New Year to all of the Allis family on here and all of my good friends some of whom I haven't even met yet.
May the year ahead be one we can remember with pride and joy.  It's a year like Hubert says, one that we don't know what the future will hold, but we know WHO holds the future.  God bless us all.

In 1969, I was just off the coast of Vietnam on a Destroyer, The USS Waddell DDG-24.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic