This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Pickers ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Pickers ?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:09pm
Is Frank Fritz no longer a "picker" on the show ? I haven't watched many of last seasons episodes, but tonight there are season 22 shows that have Mike picking with anyone/ everyone except Frank. Just curious, thanks .
Sponsored Links

ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:48pm
Maybe he’s at home on unemployment
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:03pm
Googling around shows stories about his many year struggle with Crohn’s disease
and that he had taken time off to rest up from that, and it's complications and a couple of stories talk about the face that he's taken a break from the road for back surgery this season
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 4:44am
Have been tell all reports of most of these style shows, Pickers, the Vegas Pawn lore, all PHONY, staged and set up for the public to take an interest so antique dealers and owners can still make money in a flat economic trend.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Have been tell all reports of most of these style shows, Pickers, the Vegas Pawn lore, all PHONY, staged and set up for the public to take an interest so antique dealers and owners can still make money in a flat economic trend.

What's your opinion of the Antiques Road Show on PBS ??
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
ARS is fine, PBS is a COMMERCIAL station these days.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:27pm
I'd heard a while back that he was not going to be on anymore.  No reason given.  I figured he was going to stay home and study the tattoos!!LOL

I like Naked and Afraid, the gold shows, and the forge.  I know there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, but I don't really care.

Edited by john(MI) - 15 Jun 2021 at 8:30pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 3:21pm
Some where I read he was recovering from back surgery.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I'd heard a while back that he was not going to be on anymore.  No reason given.  I figured he was going to stay home and study the tattoos!!LOL

I like Naked and Afraid, the gold shows, and the forge.  I know there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, but I don't really care.

In past episodes, I've watched Franks "body language" to what Mike buys/says to sellers and wondered how long "THIS" partnership was going to last Ouch . Mike seems to like to "float-his-own-boat"Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:12pm
The wife informed me last night that Frank Fritz is  "no longer affiliated with "Antique Archeology" (pickers). There was a recent picture of Frank and he's dropped at  least 50 pounds Wink. Yes, another poster talked about his back issues that have gotten addressed Smile
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 10:00pm
He just got tired of playing second fiddle..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:15am
to say 'staged', is an understatement.

If you knew Mike personally, it'd all make perfect sense.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

LMAO !! from season 1 he came across as a "REAL PEACH "WinkWink !!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

LMAO !! from season 1 he came across as a "REAL PEACH "WinkWink !!

You mean you don't get a sweet warm fuzzy feeling,Wink EVERY TIME HE SAY IT"S WORTH MORE  so let me give xxxx more than you offered it to him at.LOLLOLLOL
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm
  Mike is divorced and is now in Tennessee also
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Mike is divorced and is now in Tennessee also
And living in a multi million $$ home Wink, apparently antiques pay off for "some" people Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic