Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMAZON vs Cortez

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMAZON vs Cortez
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:37pm
Amazon said it would bring 25,000 full-time high-paying jobs, approximately $2.5 billion in Amazon investment and eventually 8 million square feet of office space to Long Island City as part of its investment announced in November. The Seattle-based company also said that it expects to generate "incremental tax revenue of more than $10 billion over the next 20 years as a result of Amazon’s investment and job creation."

Cortez is pushing to have AMAZON banned from NYC... she don't want them DIRTY RICH CAPITOLIST in HER CITY !!  Don't know who she thinks is going to supply all the FREE CHEESE for her "non working supporters".
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Sponsored Links

Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:55am
She is a psychopath tard. But she gonna make it easy for a republican to win.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:22am
Yeah, beat just to sit back and watch her slice her own throat by adding encouragement along the way.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:26am

Geez that name again, better grab a pillow, eh Trammy.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:05am
Tramway is mesmerized by the siren!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:27am
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
The Dem's are letting her play her games. They'll eventually use her as a wheel chock and she'll fade away......
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'IB, 49'G, 50'WF, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:45pm
gee ,maybe kick the UN OUT and bring AMAZON to the 'old UN headquarters'....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:52pm
Maybe bezos could text her a picture to her of his weiner, and say he'll fit right in...Wink
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:46am
send them to Missouri. we could use the jobs. I have no clue why anyone would want to move there business to new York with all there hi taxes. just doesn't make sense to me.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by pinball pinball wrote:

send them to Missouri. we could use the jobs. I have no clue why anyone would want to move there business to new York with all there hi taxes. just doesn't make sense to me.

Most likely, Amazon was offered a pretty sweet package, including extreme tax abatements, and various other incentives, such as low/no interest loans, etc to locate there. These of course would be amortized over time. But, quite often what happens is when the free stuff wears off, the recipient company, in this case Amazon just slowly melts away. Saw it happen here in Pittsburgh with USAir.

This is one of the reasons I believe corporations should not be taxed.....they don't pay them anyway, but, because Joe Paycheck doesn't realize he IS paying his fair share AND the corporations, he doesn't concern himself with the screwing he is getting because he thinks the evil big companies are paying for it!!!!!

There would be a major revolt in this country IF all Americans knew of all the taxes they are paying! But, our beloved politicians are masters of hidden taxes
Wait for the Lord;
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:12pm
Not so fast,Amazon may be second guessing that plan.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 2:56pm
corp are taxed. maybe not like the working class with all there loop holes but the majority of tax is from business.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by pinball pinball wrote:

corp are taxed. maybe not like the working class with all there loop holes but the majority of tax is from business.

You are making my point for me Pinball. What the corporations don't avoid by legal maneuvering, is passed on the consumer....that's you, and me. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, you and I pay the taxes, but we think it's the corporations paying them, so we are OK with it.
Wait for the Lord;
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
Lou, correct me if I’m wrong; but are saying that maybe Cortez has a somewhat valid point?   I know that there are many situations where a large company ‘bid shops’ localities for some great tax deal and them flies the coop when the deal expires. I think that Foxconn will be one of them.   And VW had a plant in Pennsylvania for a while, right?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

Lou, correct me if I’m wrong; but are saying that maybe Cortez has a somewhat valid point?   I know that there are many situations where a large company ‘bid shops’ localities for some great tax deal and them flies the coop when the deal expires. I think that Foxconn will be one of them.   And VW had a plant in Pennsylvania for a while, right?

No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that we pretend to tax large corporations when, in fact, the average taxpayer generally pays most of those taxes in the end.

I understand the precept that cost does not dictate selling price in business, competition does. (cost dictates whether you should be in business, or not) But In a given geographic setting, tax costs should be the same on all companies, so it becomes possible to pass that cost along to the consumer!

Small business are a different animal. I know two different people, very close to them, who operate small businesses.....between the state and federal governments they get outright raped, tax wise.
Wait for the Lord;
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:30am
I again fall back to the Real Estate Chant, likely fits the Political view on this too:

Will see that recovery when Sell it in the future!! As the Taxes will also be paid on the NEXT sale not this time around!!

Edited by DMiller - 11 Feb 2019 at 6:31am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
Lou - you will never convince a Liberal that taxing a business does not increase the cost of goods others buy . According to Liberals every business is hoarding money and overcharging with obcine profits and gouging customers as the owners set on a vault of money like Scruge McDuck in the comics. 
 Seeing the cost of any item covers wages, taxes, overhead, and a profit needed to return on investment to the owner or stockholders - any and all costs are passed on to the customer . So if you tax a business 50% of it's profit - it means the stockholders get less - then they pay less taxes on their return . 
 Somehow the government is going to be a partner in any and all business and get a share - but Liberals figure government should be first in line at 90% of any profit as their share ... 
 Guess other business will follow the same path I did when profits did not meet expenditures - park my machinery - work for someone else or retire from the work force . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:06pm
“Lou - you will never convince a Liberal that taxing a business does not increase the cost of goods others buy . “

I believe you meant to say just the opposite..

And guess who pays for the tariffs on Chinese (or other) imports?? Consumers, eventually.

Edited by TramwayGuy - 11 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:15pm
And guess who pays for the tariffs on Chinese (or other) imports?? Consumers, eventually.

OR, you could buy all your CHEAP JUNK from China ( everything could be made there) and NOBODY in the US would have a job... YEA, THATS TARD LOGIC.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
Lou, Coke, you guys most likely understand that there is generally a 3-6% profit margin to any business out there, some less and a VERY Few a little more but none over 8% as I am aware. Get into stocks brokering or massive manufacturing and those numbers change little just the dollar figures do.

A old saying I heard in 1972, still holds true and likely was true back into the 30's on trucking:

Own one truck drive it yourself average living hard earned, own two or three with the added drivers stay broke most of the time barely make ends meet, own four or five back to that hard earned living over five a fleet where do not drive and you earn pennies per mile but Tons of miles rolling.

The Liberal will never understand the premise. Small shop need to make big money and NO foulups/warranties, Big shop drop prices, make Loads of small change beat down the little guy and can still cover foulups/warranties. profit percentages are lower the more massive the business.

Edited by DMiller - 11 Feb 2019 at 2:44pm
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:09pm
WOW, you guys do understand the concept, Tax and kill the little guy so the big guy can rape and steal from all of us!!! I just read that from 2 of you!!! But you will still VOTE to keep it going. WOW, I knew you was not as ignorant as I was beginning to believe you were. Thanks for admitting it after all of your previous posts. I cannot wait to see how the name caller from (ILL) response. This should really be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
POOR IGNORANT PISSER.........

WOW, you guys do understand the concept, Tax and kill the little guy so the big guy can rape and steal from all of us!!! I just read that from 2 of you!!!

NOBODY SAID THAT... TAX kills the average guy just like it does small business or large business......... YOU STILL DONT GET IT.

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Feb 2019 at 4:20pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Lou, Coke, you guys most likely understand that there is generally a 3-6% profit margin to any business out there, some less and a VERY Few a little more ..

PISSER........ DID YOU READ THE ABOVE FROM DAVE ?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

WOW, you guys do understand the concept, Tax and kill the little guy so the big guy can rape and steal from all of us!!! I just read that from 2 of you!!! But you will still VOTE to keep it going. WOW, I knew you was not as ignorant as I was beginning to believe you were. Thanks for admitting it after all of your previous posts. I cannot wait to see how the name caller from (ILL) response. This should really be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ole dimmy!  Quod Erat Demonstrandum...WinkWink
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Steve Bright Steve Bright wrote:

SteveBright………………………………………………………...aw screw it! it aint worth my time, talking to you is like talking to my chickens

Edited by LouSWPA - 12 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
all I will say is, SteveBright, you either deliberately, or out of ignorance, I don't know which, completely misquoted and/or took completely out of context everything I said......and I still get no apology for the insult! imagine that

Edited by LouSWPA - 12 Feb 2019 at 11:24am
Wait for the Lord;
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:41am
" I think the scarecrow has a slight advantage. He makes a little bit of sense."
"Mmm...No.  Scarecrow is far beyond her intelligence"
" If she only had a brain"
" Hmm I don't know cause when she opens her mouth and laughs, a jack ass comes to mind."

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic