This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

allischalmers forklift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allischalmers forklift
    Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:02pm
Hi there guys I"m new on here I have an old Allischalmers forklift it is smoking really bad I need to know what engine is in it casting # 4515827 from the engine let me know if anybody knows thanks
Sponsored Links

peter hobbit View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:04pm

Hi there is it possible for you to post some pics of your F/L According to my record Allis Chalmers intered the F/L world when they took over the Buda Company in 1953 and gained the benefitsof Budas prior work.From there they these models

During the early 50s they made model F ,1957 model FT -100 ,available in 2000-6000lb
Then model FS 6000 8000 10000 lb
1965 the F-50 was built with a gangplank on it.
From the they built tractor type machines with forks on them
I may be able to help you further once I see which F/L you have

Hobbit out 
avbc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:28pm
the tag on it says model fp55 type g
avbc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:29pm
also there is a number stamped into it on the back of the engine 2192
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:49pm
I am unable to trace these numbers in my book ,but a photo would help
pete
avbc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:51pm
please send me your email address so i can send you pics I can't send pics on here or don't know how
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:56pm
hobbit@slingshot.co.nz
avbc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 12:03pm
i need to know what engine it is so that I can order parts
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 7:19am
I just picked up an ACC 50 which has a flat head Continental (I think). A lot of the earlier forklifts had the 153 Buda engine. I have some info and may be able to help. A picture of the engine would be best.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:14pm
Ours has the FC-4 Waukesha flat head in it, i am unsure of the model # of the machine otherwise.  I overhauled the engine last year, and it is an expensive engine to rebuild.
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
rikker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:27pm
Hello.  I am new to this forum and new to an AC Forklift with a nameplate on it that says FL40-24PS lift capacity 3700 lbs and fueled by LPG.  I am trying to find out what engine it has in it.  It has a Delco Remy distributor 1112602 in it and the gentleman at NAPA says that was in use between 1958-1964.  It is 4 cylinder.  Attached are some pictures.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I am trying to do a proper tuneup.  Thanks in advance.
Rick
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:34pm
Hi There I was looking at your pics have you got the firing order correct ,your lead is maked no 4 is on no 3 plug

hobbit out
ctbowles58 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctbowles58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 10:06pm
looks like a d15 engine 149cid or 160 cid. that is what was used in the 500
rikker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:53pm
You are correct, I mislabeled the leads as far as the firing order- I just put the labels on expediently from the front of the forklift(rear of the engine) so I could put them back on the correct sparkplug.  Thanks for looking and replying.

Trying to find info on the engine so I can get the spark plug gap, dwell angle, and point gap.

Rick
rikker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:45pm
Could you tell me who made the d15 engine. I am been researching and I see Buda, Continental, and Waukesha engines were prevalent in the late 50's, early 90's. Just trying to find the correct engine electrical specs. The firing order is stamped on the engine casting- There just is no engine plate.   Thanks,    Rick.
Carl Ohio View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:01pm
Hi I believe that is a 4B153 Buda engine It is a wet sleeve design and parts should be avail from NAPA possibly car quest and maybe some at auto zone
hope this helps
Carl
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:01pm
  Hey, Rikker, is that a Massey-Ferguson hoe sitting behind the forklift?
rikker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:28pm
Ooops- Posted reply w/no content.

doctorcorey- yes, it is my favorite toy - My 1966 MF 2135 industrial Tractor w/200 loader & 185 hoe.  so cool of you to notice.  Bought it 25 years ago from a gravedigger to dig my waterline/septic field and clear my property.  2900 hours on it and just had the injector pump rebuilt last month and now the Perkins AD3-152 diesel purrs.  After getting it in perfect working order, I thought it was time to do the same to my AC forklift.
Rick
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:54pm
   Cool. I've got the 203 rear half with planetary axles and the 202 front end with the 4 cyl gas Continental. Long story.....lol.   They're good old tractors, and still cheap if found in "as-is" condition.
Dens71TA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dens71TA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
Rikker, your forklift has the Buda/AC G153 engine.  I have the operator and maintenance manual for my mid-1960's F40-24 forklift which looks nearly identical to your FL40-24PS.

Tune up specs are:
Spark plug gap .025
Normal Duty Gasoline Champion No. N16Y
Heavily Loaded Gasoline Champion No. UN12Y
Normal Duty LPG Champion No. N8
Heavily Loaded LPG Champion No. N6

Distributor points gap .022
There is a screw in plug at the base of the distributor that should be removed and the oil well topped off with SAE 20 engine oil every 500 hours to keep the distributor shaft bushing lubricated.

Valve pushrod clearance should be adjusted every 500 hours.  .018 cold or .015 hot. 

Hope this information helps.   There seems to be very little information on the internet for the old Buda/AC engines.

Forkliftrookie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forkliftrookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:14pm
Hello allis forklift gang!
Forkliftrookie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forkliftrookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:18pm
I'm new on this machine type and would like some help from the gang on where to get a maintenance manual. I don't know what type of engine I even have. It's a ACCL 40 PS forklift. Regards, Mike
carsan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 10:03am
Hello everyone, I'm also new to this forum.  So please bear with me.

We are needing a point type distributor for an AC industrial forklift model ACC45 serial AFF108648. Does anyone have a source, parts book or any info that we can use?

thanx 
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 6:11pm
Generally there is not much comment about forklifts around here.But before you give up ask on the farm equipment side of this board,as there are some very knowledgeable people over there.As well as some that have parts for sale so hopefully they will see you over there and have the parts you need. 
jherkes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:42am
Hi

I have this A/C fork lift  1962  that has a worn out steering bearing. I am replacing and will sell if anyone is interested .
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:48am
The Buda G153 is the same engine as in a Cockshutt 30 tractor, Gas 153 cubes.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Phil Stier View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Stier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:02am
Can anyone tell me if a FP-50 forklift is 6v or 12v??
Mike Murray View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 8:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic