This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis-Chalmers #2 two bottom trip plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis-Chalmers #2 two bottom trip plow
    Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:43pm
I just acquired an Allis-Chalmers #2 two bottom plow today. I am in need of the moldboards, shares and landsides as well as either another set of steel wheels or some wheels that have been made to have air tires on them. This being the great group it is I decided to check with y'all first. Thanks for any help you can give me in finding these parts. I want to make this plow fully functional again
AC1945WC
Sponsored Links

ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:48pm
Sent you a pm.
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:31pm
For nearly all the plow bottoms in the plow bottoms book there were multiple shares, shears, blades offered. Shares, shears, and blades are different territorial names for the same part, indeed in the plow bottoms book, some were called shares, some called blades. There were multiple shares for each bottom with different characteristics and materials. They were made of chilled iron which wore the best but broke more easily when hitting boulders. Some were made of steel hardened all the way through that didn't wear as good as chilled iron but survived some rock impacts. And then some were made of soft centered steel that were the toughest in rock impacts, but when the hard surface wore through the center wore very rapidly. Then there were wide cut shares, narrow cut shares, deep suck shares, and normal suck shares. Deep suck shares had a longer nose turned down.

There aren't good pictures to identify plow bottoms. The illustrations in the parts book don't show the variations in moldboard shapes between similar bottoms, but show the details looking into the frog from the bottom. Occasionally that view is unique enough to identify a bottom. The reliable way to identify bottoms and parts is to find an AC part number on frog, share, shin (if separate), or share. Landsides tended to be shared with many bottoms. You can list the numbers you find and we can look them up or you can download the plow bottoms parts book from www.grandpastractor.com/phpBB3/index.php where there is also a plow frame parts book to help identify the plow frame from details.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:47pm
I guess I should've mentioned the shares are the ones that are held by the draw rods (Blacksmith shares) and the moldboards and landsides bolt onto the frog
AC1945WC
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
Have any part numbers
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:32am
You'd be better off finding a complete plow.  The parts you need will cost more than a good plow.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by AaronSEIA AaronSEIA wrote:

You'd be better off finding a complete plow.  The parts you need will cost more than a good plow.
AaronSEIA

I agree, keep what you have for parts. 
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:21am
Well actually fellas it's kinda hard to find these plows on the Eastern shore of Maryland as it is. I've only seen one other set and a buddy of mine bought it and it's in working shape but he isn't interested in parting with it so I will forge ahead and put the needed parts on it to make it functional and good for shows also. Unless y'all know of one of these plows in better shape near where I live for sale at a reasonable price I've gotta fix this one
AC1945WC
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:22am
I'll have to locate my plow parts book and see if I can nail down the part numbers
AC1945WC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:25am
Maybe Dave can help. http://www.davetheplowman.com/
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm
Yeah Dave the plowman. I think he runs an ad in the old Allis news. Gonna have to look him up after I identify the part numbers for shares, moldboards and landsides.
AC1945WC
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:45pm
I converted one a few years back to 3-pt. hitch bottoms good shares fair. I have since been using the snap-coupler 3-bottom. ----Problem is that I am in Illinois! thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:06pm
Does the trip mechanism work?  Might want to make sure before dumping a lot of money into it.  I doubt if you could find parts to fix one unless you bought a better plow!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:31pm
Have any part numbers.
Was told this was for trip plow

Edited by Mikez - 20 Feb 2019 at 10:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic