This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

allis h4 or h6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allis h4 or h6
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:55pm
What is the biggest difference between an allis h4 and and an an allis h6. thanks norm
Sponsored Links

Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:23pm
For me the HD-6 has oscillating tracks and the HD-4 doesn't. 
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:25pm
what does oscallating mean.
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:26am
The front of the tracks can move up and down independently of one another so on uneven ground more track stays on the ground.    
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:46am
That depends, on later units as my HD7G and late HD6G they had a solid crossmember instead of a spring. In general a 6 will outweigh a 4 by near to twice, there is an advantage for digging or pushing material that comes with weight, also a disadvantage as far as sinking one in soft soils(mud). A six will have half again the horsepower but twice to three times the torque if get a Allis/Buda four stroke diesel engine while the Detroit Diesel did have HP they lacked some in torque being two stroke.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:16am
H4 is a small industrial machine - either gas or diesel - had a 2200 engine and a 3 speed transmission - it uses a shuttle clutch for fwd and rev movement . Also uses a single reduction rear drive with the sprockets mounted to axle supported by inner and outer Timken cone and cup . 
 The HD6 is a much heavier machine with Diesel engine and multi-gear transmission the rear reduction is through 3 gear system with rear axle supported by outboard as well as 2 inner bearings . It is a full CONSTRUCTION grade machine capable of many function . 
 Both machines are now next to impossible to find track for as no one produces it now in that pitch . 
The HD6 uses the same final housing as the HD5 as well as undercarriage parts but with a longer truck frame and 2 or more links in track . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:08pm
very interesting, I thought about buying a dozer I have an h4 loader that I use sparingly. parts do seem to be a problem. I wanted to replace my hood on mine. stopped by a place down around versailes. He had 5 of them laying In his yard. Offered him 50 bucks for one. he said 125 so I will look else where. I guess if he had just one I might understand these people some but how many people do you think are looking for a hood for an allis h4 crawler. probably just me. Anyway thanks to you all for the information. Have a good day. Norm
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:42am
People do that .I understand if its a hard to find part and a lowball offer . but like the hood deal I knew a old man that had some donor tractors he wanted 3 times what parts was worth . he always claimed how he wasent making any money . so when he died his son took everything across the scale for 7 dollars a hundred but by then most of the parts had set in the weather long enough and scrap is what they were
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic