This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis H4 hydraulic hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis H4 hydraulic hose
    Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 9:32pm
I have an allis h4 crawler/loader.  I have a leak on the left side inside the loader frame work.    top fitting is easy to get to but the bottom is a problem.   has anyone ever replaced these lines.    looks like I might have to pull the cyclinder to get to it.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 12:17pm
I have the crow foot wrenches to do this inside the shovel frames, best bet is relieve the hydraulic pressure, with the loader sitting on a framework or steel drums, anything to get and keep it off the ground then pull the front pin and remove the rear pin to retrieve the cylinder. Use the shovel arm as a support to lace up the cylinder in place then lift it out of.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 3:30pm
Thanks Dave. I raised the loader up today to get a better look and determined I was going to have to pull the cylinder. wasn't sure how but you reply makes good sense.  Apparently some one had replaced the hose on the other side. they used a torch and cut a hole in the frame work so you can get a wrench on it fairly easy.  to bad  they didn't put factory holes in the bottom like the top. looks to be a job for oold weather thanks  norm
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 10:49am
what are those claw foor wrenches your talkimg about. might have to get some.  thanks  norm
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 1:17pm
Hey Norm, I took an open end 1 1/2 inch wrench and heated the open end and bent to a 90 degree to fit the hose in the frame of my loader and used an adjustable wrench to twist the wrench to take my bad hoses off and replace. I believe the crows feet wrenches are an open end type wrench with an 1/2 inch drive slot to use an extension and ratchet / breaker bar to loosen  the hoses. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 3:44pm
randaleky is correct in that mine are 1/2" drive but bought them years ago when I wrenched trucks and such, Snap On. Local CARQUEST had availability for them for a neighbor that also thought them the Bee's Knees. Usually a set comes 1/2 0r 3/4" up to 2 or 2 1/2" in 1/8's
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 5:15pm
here is how I changed a hose in the loader frame of my HD6G

I used (2) combination wrenches connecting the box ends with a piece of hex stock. I used the open end on the fitting
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 5:59pm
  • TEKTON 2585 1/2-Inch Drive Jumbo Crowfoot Wrench Set, Inch, 1-1/16-Inch - 2-Inch, 14-Piece
    Rg
Roll over image to zoom in

TEKTON 2585 1/2-Inch Drive Jumbo Crowfoot Wrench Set, Inch, 1-1/16-Inch - 2-Inch, 14-Piece

by TEKTON

Price:$72.99 FREE ShippingDetails
Get $10.00 off instantly: Your cost could be $62.99 upon approval for the Amazon.com Store Card. Learn more.
In Stock.
Want it Monday, Nov. 21? Order within 6 hrs and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
  • Reaches fasteners in tight spaces that other wrenches cannot
  • Use with any 1/2 in. drive ratchet, extension, or torque wrench
  • Made from forged and hardened steel
  • Chrome plated finish resists corrosion
  • Always Guaranteed

< name="DURM-9412AC1612CBC1D3" style="-sizing: border-;">Let Alexa get your lights this holiday

Edited by DiyDave - 19 Nov 2016 at 6:00pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 6:03pm
That didn't copy well, at all, here is a link:

THere's crows foot wrenches, and flare crows foot wrenches, for working on high torque lines, too...
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 8:19pm
Thanks for the info. I looked them up on ebay today. I see what you all mean. top hose isn't a problem but the bottom is. Had to replace a long hyd hose on my back hoe last week. took it to the cat dealer we have here. cost me 35 for a 4000 lb hose. so these wont cost to much but will cause me allot of trouble getting it off.  to bad the bottom doesn't have a cut out like the top. engineers never design anything to be worked on.  thanks  norm
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 8:22pm
they think anything they design is forever !!!! If they had to work on the machines it would be different.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic